Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Still Lice!!
Persephone 06:29 AM 07-12-2010
Here's the first half of this https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15639

The mom came this morning with just the 5 year old. She left the 9 yera old at home because I told them Friday that I have a NO-NIT policy and I would send them home. And they can't take off work.

She kept saying that they didn't find anything on the boy (5 year old) even though I did on friday. But he told me they treated him.

We'll I told her that I would check him today just in case. And right after she left I checked him and found a nit! I know that's what it is. Small oval white thing glued to the hair. I pulled the hair out and put it in a baggy to prove it. My hair is blond so it can't be mine and my son has curly so it can't be his.

Well she SO was not happy when I called her at work. She said she's come in the next few hours. I told her no with in the hour!!

Well see. I'll be calling again at 1 hour and 10 mins!!
Persephone 06:53 AM 07-12-2010
Well the mom just came, just under the hour mark. She had some young girl in the car with her, so I'm guessing she picked up like a niece or some one to watch them. I have a feeling that they will not be coming back! Well I have no problem going for my 2 week fee, as per my contract!

She didn't say a word to me. We were in the back yard and she came around and got him and then I remembered I wanted to show her what I found on him and ran out to the car with it.

She tried to tell me that's not what they were pulling off of the girl.

Well I pulled it out and showed her that you could clearly see that it was oval and I pulled over it a few times to show that it was not moving. And that was what I seen on them Friday!

I'm so mad! I'm freaked out that I'm going to get them!

I'm off to vacauum my living room again. He just sat on the edge of the couch or chair (don't remember which one) and didn't lean back in it. So I think I'm okay. We all went out as soon as I found it.
momma2girls 07:10 AM 07-12-2010
Originally Posted by Persephone:
Well the mom just came, just under the hour mark. She had some young girl in the car with her, so I'm guessing she picked up like a niece or some one to watch them. I have a feeling that they will not be coming back! Well I have no problem going for my 2 week fee, as per my contract!

She didn't say a word to me. We were in the back yard and she came around and got him and then I remembered I wanted to show her what I found on him and ran out to the car with it.

She tried to tell me that's not what they were pulling off of the girl.

Well I pulled it out and showed her that you could clearly see that it was oval and I pulled over it a few times to show that it was not moving. And that was what I seen on them Friday!

I'm so mad! I'm freaked out that I'm going to get them!

I'm off to vacauum my living room again. He just sat on the edge of the couch or chair (don't remember which one) and didn't lean back in it. So I think I'm okay. We all went out as soon as I found it.
OMG!!!! I would be so mad!! I have never had this with my own children or with daycare children(knock on wood)
sahm2three 07:11 AM 07-12-2010
It gave me the chills just to read this! UGH! Yuck! Good luck, and like you said, maybe it is better if they just don't come back!
Persephone 07:19 AM 07-12-2010
I agree that it just might be better if they don't come back. I called my husband before I called her and said that I knew she was going to be mad and he said "let her get mad, not like it matters if they come back or not"

My son really likes having someone to play with but him and the 9 year old bicker all day! Him and the 5 year old play pretty good most of the time.

I really am not making that much money from them. But I was saving the pay to pay for my son's preschool this fall and figured that I could pay for the whole year of preschool if I saved every month this summer! I've not got much right now. But I can still save the money that they will have to pay me if they do leave for my 2 week notice!

The mom acts like it's my fault or something that they have it! WE don't have it at this point! I'm having my sister come in and check me again today! If we get it it will be from them!
jen 07:38 AM 07-12-2010
Given Mom's attitude, if you don't need her to come back I would simply state the obvious. NO LICE!

LOL...a nod to nannyde!
Persephone 08:11 AM 07-12-2010
Originally Posted by jen:
Given Mom's attitude, if you don't need her to come back I would simply state the obvious. NO LICE!

LOL...a nod to nannyde!
She acted like when she dropped him off this morning that I was crazy to send home for 1 nit. A nit is a nit! It's lice eggs!
alyssyn 09:30 AM 07-12-2010
Originally Posted by Persephone:
She acted like when she dropped him off this morning that I was crazy to send home for 1 nit. A nit is a nit! It's lice eggs!

You did the right thing by sending him home. You can have major trouble from 1 nit!!
Persephone 09:36 AM 07-12-2010
Well the fact that a nit can hang around for 10 days before they hatch is enough not to want it in my house!
jen 09:46 AM 07-12-2010
Agh...I haven't had the lice experience yet, and I pray I never do. GROSS!
Janet 10:44 AM 07-12-2010
I'm lucky that I haven't had to deal with this at my house yet, but at the daycare I worked at before, kids were forever having lice and the parents would send them back with the nits still there. I would go through the child's hair and send them home if I found anything at all! My policy is that even if it's only one nit, then they still have to be out.
MarinaVanessa 11:57 AM 07-12-2010
Oh wow, I'd be peeved too. That's gross. If they were my kids and someone said that they MIGHT have nits or lice I'd take them home and wash their hair with that shampoo immediately. They have little combs or something right that you use to go through their hair that removes them after you shampoo? Just because they don't actually have lice doesn't mean anything, they have lice eggs!!
Tags:lice, lice treatment, nits
Reply Up