Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Special Needs Issue
Unregistered 12:03 PM 11-18-2013
I really do not know what I should do, if anything. We have a special needs child in our daycare. He is about 15 but mentally very much like an 8 year old. He does not talk very much. The problem we are having is that he tends to touch himself from time to time, like its a regular thing. Just playing with himself while watching tv or whatever. When I see it I just go over to him and pat him and ask him to pay attention to where his hands are. Its just uncomfortable with the other kids around. Its nothing beyond just getting an erection and such. Any ideas on what I should do?
Cradle2crayons 12:07 PM 11-18-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I really do not know what I should do, if anything. We have a special needs child in our daycare. He is about 15 but mentally very much like an 8 year old. He does not talk very much. The problem we are having is that he tends to touch himself from time to time, like its a regular thing. Just playing with himself while watching tv or whatever. When I see it I just go over to him and pat him and ask him to pay attention to where his hands are. Its just uncomfortable with the other kids around. Its nothing beyond just getting an erection and such. Any ideas on what I should do?
If he were mentally four, I'd redirect. But if he's mentally around 8, then he really should know that's not to be done in public.

I'd tell him that's only for private not for daycare. Then I'd have parents remind him also.
Tags:special needs
Reply Up