Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potty Training Question - For Those Of You Who Do A Little Potty Training
preschoolteacher 11:17 AM 10-13-2014
I see multiple potty training two year olds in my future...

My plan is that, once they're accident free at home for two weeks and can get on potty, pull up/down pants by themselves, I will have them wear undies with diapers on top here and take them to the bathroom every two hours. I will do this for two weeks and no more. If they're not successful by the end of the time, we can try again in one month.

My question is, what if that's not working? I'm not willing to do this for more than two weeks. What if we try it out and there are still accidents? How do I word it to parents that I won't be bringing the child to the bathroom and allowing undies under diapers if the child is still having accidents even when brought every one to two hours?

I'm thinking two accidents in one day=diapers only the rest of the day. But when do you say, okay let's try again next month? I don't want to go two weeks and have accidents every third day and at the end of the two weeks say OK, undies! AND I don't want to continue potty training beyond those two weeks.

What would you do?
Up