Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need New Vacuum
sharlan 09:35 AM 05-27-2011
Colored rice is my new favorite toy. It stays at the kitchen table, but some does end up on the floor.

My big vacuum just spreads it around, so I end up sweeping it. I've burned up two swivel sweepers so I'm looking for something that will last.

Any suggestions? Oh, my floor is tile.
dEHmom 09:38 AM 05-27-2011
i picked up for 10 or 15 bux at walfart a bissell dust buster vacuum. has a long handle so you don't have to bend over. i think it's great. it also has a big head on it, which is removable if you want to do the whole floor, or you can take it off, and just use it like a dust buster.

PitterPatter 09:43 AM 05-27-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
i picked up for 10 or 15 bux at walfart a bissell dust buster vacuum. has a long handle so you don't have to bend over. i think it's great. it also has a big head on it, which is removable if you want to do the whole floor, or you can take it off, and just use it like a dust buster.
I too have been wanting a new sweeper for such things! Thank u both for these posts!

I hate it when my sweeper shoots the rice pellets out the back stinging my feet!
Michael 12:56 PM 05-27-2011
Kirby - lasts but pricey.

dEHmom 01:51 PM 05-27-2011
ok, i am going to correct my post with the vacuum info on it.....

the VACUUM has an extension so that it isn't as hard on your back while cleaning along the wall.

someone has pointed out that my post was a little dirty. haha
sharlan 10:02 AM 05-31-2011
I bought the Shark VX3 on Fri, charged it for 24 hrs and used it Sunday morning. By Sunday afternoon, it was back at BB&B. It pick up a lot of the rice, but also moved a lot of it around and shot some out the back.

I am still searching for the perfect kitchen floor vacuum.

I'm trying the dust buster one next.
Lucy 11:50 AM 05-31-2011
I started a thread on this awhile back. I ended up with the Shark Navigator Lift Away. It works equally well on carpet or linoleum. I love it. It's one of those bagless ones, and you can take it apart to where it's not a push one, but more of a portable one. Sorry, I'm not making sense today. They do have a website if you want to look it up. I've had it a couple months and love it.
Tags:2011, vaccum, vaccum cleaners, vacuum, vacuum cleaner
Reply Up