Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Reasons I'm Mean (Today)
SilverSabre25 09:18 AM 03-11-2014
1. I won't let 22 mos eat the tinker toy.
2. I *still* won't let the 22 mos eat the tinker toy.
3. I won't let 22 mos lick the vacuum cleaner.
4. I won't let 33 mos take all the toys out of the storage room.
5. I didn't buy 5's attempt to get 33 mos in trouble and 5 got in trouble instead.

Why are YOU mean today? (aka what did you do that has made someone cry so far this morning?)
Blackcat31 09:27 AM 03-11-2014
1. I made a 5 yr old go outside (it is EXTREMELY warm here today)
2. I separated a 3 yr old for taking toys from friends
3. I won't waive late fees for a DCM who was 13 minutes late picking up yesterday
4. I won't put a lid on a cup for a 2 yr old who insists she "needs" a sippy
5. I will not dress a 5 yr old so they can go play outside (if they can't dress themselves atleast 75% of the way, they don't go outside without me)
6. I am not serving home made pizza again (we had it yesterday)
llpa 09:40 AM 03-11-2014
Love this one lol
1. Took a 2yr old away from the sand bin for throwing sand
2. Put same dcb on the crying rug to calm down
3. Took dcb who was screaming upon arrival cause he wanted McD's and put him on the crying rug
4. Removed a fav toy from circulation today because someone broke it, which caused the McD child to melt down again
5. 2 yr old who threw sand down for nap early for throwing blocks
Meyou 09:49 AM 03-11-2014
1. I won't allow potty words at the table.
2. I won't allow pretend poop to be throw at anyone.
3. I said lunch was all done when lunch was all done.
4. I required the play food go in the play food area and not in the baby area at cleanup.
Sugar Magnolia 09:53 AM 03-11-2014
Our local schools are on Spring Break....... 3 school agers (10 year old,who is my son, two 7 year old girls). They got to play in the upstairs of my center.......

THEY HAD TO CLEAN UP THEIR OWN MESS! The HORROR!
Play Care 10:02 AM 03-11-2014
I'm mean because I took toys away from a child at quiet time. The rule is we play quietly or the toys get put away. I remind them every day before nap and I do not issue warnings after the fact.
crazydaycarelady 10:02 AM 03-11-2014
1. I won't let 3yo go upstairs and visit the puppies because he doesn't listen or follow the directions (sit down and hold a puppy, don't pick them up or walk around with them.)
2. I still won't let 3yo go visit the puppies even though I "overheard" dcm tell 3yo to ask me nicely and I'll let him go up.
3. 2yo is getting a nap even though dcm asked her if she wanted one and she said she didn't.
NeedaVaca 10:08 AM 03-11-2014
Originally Posted by Meyou:
4. I required the play food go in the play food area and not in the baby area at cleanup.
I'm sorry but I actually laughed out loud for #2 ha ha AND it's numbered appropriately!!
mountainside13 10:17 AM 03-11-2014
Originally Posted by Meyou:
Omg! #2 is too funny!!!!
Heidi 10:32 AM 03-11-2014
I made my sweet dcg, 15 month, hand the binky back to her sweet but not-so-tough mom this morning. She's been going back to her room before they leave, and grabbing it out of her bed. Cute, but it's enough. So, I very gently took it from her, and say "we are giving this back to mommy, your other one is in your bed for nap time".

Her body language made me think that I'd hurt her feelings...mom's, that is.
AmyLeigh 10:45 AM 03-11-2014
I'm mean today because....
1. I had to speak firmly to dcg when for the 5th time in a row, I reminded her that dcb is deaf. No matter how many times you call him, he isn't going to answer. Walk over to him and tap him on the shoulder. Then he will go play with you. This is a conversation we have several times, each day that she is here.
2. I had to grab dcb's arm to stop him from going in the street without me during our walk this morning. He gave me the dirtiest look I think he could manage until I pointed to the car going by. (Normally everyone is awesome about staying on the sidewalk in front of me, but we all had to go into the street to go around a truck that was hanging over the sidewalk in our way.)
3. I would not allow younger dd to bring home every leaf, rock and dandelion bloom her little hands could carry. Sorry, we already have enough in our own yard.
4. I took older dd's tablet away for the day. No playing on the computer until schoolwork and chores are done does not mean you can play on the tablet instead!

It's not even lunchtime yet, sigh.
BumbleBee 10:46 AM 03-11-2014
1. I won't let 10.5 month old in the kitchen (repeat throughout the day)
2. I won't let 10.5 month old use the 3 month old as a chew toy
3. I won't let 2.5 year old hit me with his blankie
4. I won't let 10.5 month old have 3 month olds bottle
5. I won't pick 10.5 month old up when I'm feeding 3 month old.
Tdhmom 10:47 AM 03-11-2014
1. Told a potential dcm (I'm her back up when normal daycare closes for the last year in a half, but now it's closing it's doors at the end of the school year) that I would not allow late pick ups unless absolutely necessary ('me' time after work is not necessary) and that her 3 1/2 yr old must be potty trained before she comes in august, she's ready...dcm isn't.
2. Told dcb5 to quit jumping off toddler jungle gym while outside this morning and didn't coddle him when he fell on his knee.
3. Lunch time is quiet time (I'm always mean for this one!!!)
jgcp 10:49 AM 03-11-2014
1. I had to change my 17 month olds diaper( sure sit in your poop cause that's pleasant)
2. I wouldn't let 23month old watch Barney... you'd thought I was beating her... DCM informed me she had a good night, dcm was proud of the 10pm bed time...errr
3. Wouldn't let the 13month old tear apart a book
4. Charged a DCM for no show...whatever
SilverSabre25 10:49 AM 03-11-2014
A lot of these are sooo funny!! Thanks for sharing! Gosh we're all a bunch of meanie-heads, aren't we?
meekgirl123 10:50 AM 03-11-2014
This is my first time posting although I have been reading posts for about 4 years...I know some of you well

I am Mean today because....

1. I wont let 3yr old dcb play legos during naptime....its nap time!
2. I wont let dcg 1.5 bite the infant cause he crawled over to her.
3. I didn't want to do ring-around-the-roses another 20 times for fear I might throw up....8 times was sufficient.
4. I wont let my dck's run around naked like its Woodstock.
Tdhmom 10:53 AM 03-11-2014
Originally Posted by meekgirl123:
This is my first time posting although I have been reading posts for about 4 years...I know some of you well

3. I didn't want to do ring-around-the-roses another 20 times for fear I might throw up....8 times was sufficient.
#4!!!
MCC 11:00 AM 03-11-2014
1. I told 2.5 not to yell at my daughter upon arrival ( this one is about to land them a term notice)
2. I told same 2.5 to use the bathroom, repeat all day, every hour.
3. I told 2.5 to face her food at lunch.
4. I wouldn't let 2.5 take a nap at 10am
5.I think 2.5 needs to go home!
sahm1225 11:03 AM 03-11-2014

Lol @ #4! I can't even spin twice without getting dizzy!
Heidi 12:35 PM 03-11-2014
Originally Posted by MCC:
1. I told 2.5 not to yell at my daughter upon arrival ( this one is about to land them a term notice)
2. I told same 2.5 to use the bathroom, repeat all day, every hour.
3. I told 2.5 to face her food at lunch.
4. I wouldn't let 2.5 take a nap at 10am
5.I think 2.5 needs to go home!
Wow, she sounds fun!
blandino 12:39 PM 03-11-2014
I must say "I know, I know, Im the meanest lady in the world", at least 10 times per day. When I get sick of that I start using "i know you are new here, and don't know the rules".
Kcole1075 01:05 PM 03-11-2014
1. I would not let 2.5 have a cupcake for breakfast. ( mom brought them as a special snack.)
2. I showed 2.5 how to use whater colors.
3. I made chicken tacos and spanish rice for lunch so 5 is waiting until he gets home to eat.
4. I am making 5 lay down and play quietly with his quiet box because it is nap time.
Oss_cc 01:16 PM 03-11-2014
Love it!

1. I had 8.5 mo do tummy time instead of holding her all day like she wants
2. I won't let the kids cover their entire bodies in temporary tattoos
3. I won't let the two 4 year olds "nap" next to each other

mia 07:49 AM 03-12-2014
This is good ..... great meanies out there....lol....

1 want let 3yr throw her food all over the floor
2 wont let 2 yr's mom stay for her to have a fuss fest
3 wont let them run in the house
4 told 3 yr old to share and wait her turn
5 wont let them finish watching move at lunch time ( lunch is over time for nap )
6 wont let them climb on bool shelves

list could go on and on and on.....
TaylorTots 08:00 AM 03-12-2014
I'm only mean so far just to the 12m old. It's only 10am here though, so plenty more time to be mean to everyone else

1) I won't give him a different breakfast than everyone else.
2) I laid him down for AM nap (we are still on 2 naps a day)
3) I won't let him dig in the cupboards.
4) I won't let him grab his wet diaper during diaper changes.
5) I won't let him eat playdough.
6) I put up some of the manipulative toys that he was throwing at the 11m old.
SilverSabre25 08:10 AM 03-12-2014
today I wouldn't let 22 mos take a toy from the dog.
And I wouldn't let 22 mos have more cereal after he'd had plenty
and I took 22 mos bowl before he could dump the milk on the table
and I asked 22 mos to get out of his chair

And it's only 11:10....
mema 08:55 AM 03-12-2014
I just drug the play kitchen to the basement. After telling the 3.5 yo two times that he cannot lift the 18 mon old into the sink. They are both currently flailing around on the floor and the 15 mon old is laughing and clapping (I have music on that he is bee bopping too-just good timing)
Kcole1075 09:38 AM 03-12-2014
Rest of yesterday's
I did not allow 8 year old to draw a circle around all of the patio and tell the other kids that they couldnt draw with chalk in her bubble.

I didnt allow 8 year old to throw chalk at other children I made her pick it up and hand it to them them nicely.

I would not allow 8 year old to hide in my curtains when she was mad.

Today

I told 2.5 to use nice hands

I gave 2.5 paper for the markers she just got out.
daycarediva 09:46 AM 03-12-2014

Lol @ #4!!!

Welcome!!
daycarediva 09:55 AM 03-12-2014
I'm mean because:

I closed early. SOE. Roads closing.

Charged for the full day anyway, per contract.

Wouldn't let 3.5yo dcb rip books.

Wouldn't let 3.5yo dcb rub tomato soup on his arms as fake blood.

Wouldn't let 3.5yo dcg to put her earrings on dcb.
Cat Herder 09:55 AM 03-12-2014
I told my neighbor's adult son that if he got a job and moved out he would not hear us on the playground while he was playing video games in his parent's sunroom.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions this was his Mother's suggested response.

His face was priceless... No mother on earth is going to cut him any slack from now on, we had a meeting.
_Dana_ 04:02 PM 03-12-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I told my neighbor's adult son that if he got a job and moved out he would not hear us on the playground while he was playing video games in his parent's sunroom.

His face was priceless... No mother on earth is going to cut him any slack from now on, we had a meeting.
Love it! Especially that it was his mom's idea to say it!
SilverSabre25 07:25 AM 03-14-2014
5 yo isn't allowed to decide to let the babies go upstairs.
22 mos is STILL not allowed to put things in his mouth
22 mos is STILL not allowed to chew up his shirt
33 mos isn't allowed to climb under my shirt and put his cold hands on my warm skin
I don't pick up 12 mos every time I walk past her.
blandino 12:52 PM 03-14-2014
23 month old wasn't allowed to touch the babies

25 month old wasn't allowed in the ever saucer.
Same 25 month old had to eat her fruit and veggies before getting more pizza

I had the nerve to ask the preschoolers to clean up their mess before lunch

3.5 year old wasn't allowed to hurt her friends, was separated and clearly upset that I had the nerve to call her on it.
Play Care 12:54 PM 03-14-2014
It's super windy here and after 40 minutes I made the kids come back inside. Bright red cheeks and snotty noses and yet I'm the bad guy...
Wubby 09:32 PM 03-14-2014
I love being mean:
That's an extra $28 for me, since you chose to pick up husband from work, instead of picking up your children on time.

What you don't want your 16m old playing in the dirt, well show up on time and maybe I will redirect her to a different section of the yard to play.

Oh my, her bottom has mud on it and her hands are dirty. Yes, please do run her in the house to wash her hands (I'm pretty sure the dirt is deadly). Oh, but we have a no shoe policy, I'm sorry you are wearing lace up boots.

Have a nice weekend, see you on Monday. Don't forget to add the extra $28..
FCCarmyprovider 09:16 AM 03-15-2014
OMG thats hilarious. I would definitely do something like that.
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

Tags:a day in the life, funny
Reply Up