Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mother Asked For Weekend Care
Sunny Day 05:06 AM 03-07-2011
Sorry, this ended up as a rant. Baaaad monday morning so far One of my dcm asked me if I would watch her son for "an hour or so" on Sunday. I DO NOT do weekend care and have always been adamant about that. Her son is already here Monday to Friday 8:30-5:30 and is one of the children that consumes most of my time and energy. When I said I really don't want to start that, then gave in and said "well as long as its just for an hour or so" all of the sudden it was "well it could be closer to an hour and a half by the time we get back". I don't want to. I am 32 weeks pregnant and exhausted, on the verge of packing it in all together on the advice of my midwife and super annoyed that she even asked and that now I feel guilty for saying no when its not that long and I don't have anything else going on. Ugh, should I just say no?
countrymom 05:13 AM 03-07-2011
just be forwarned, it will end up being a day. You should have just stuck to your guns and said no. Where are they going that they can't take him on a sunday for an hour.
morgan24 05:20 AM 03-07-2011
If your 32 weeks along in your pregancy, you really need to take your weekends to rest. I would call her and tell her that it won't work for you to watch him on Sunday. Plus if you do it once she is going to think it's okay to ask you all the time. Nip it in the bud now and you won't be put on the spot again. You really need your rest on the weekend don't give it up.
SilverSabre25 05:34 AM 03-07-2011
Just say no. You need your rest, your downtime. Don't feel even the slightest bit guilty; it's perfectly reasonable. You do NOT want to open that can of worms.
Little People 05:39 AM 03-07-2011
I would just be blunt and tell her you do not do weekend care.
nannyde 05:40 AM 03-07-2011
Just tell her that you never get weekend business because it's terribly expensive. You have never had a client take you up on it.

How much she asks.... 20 dollars an hour with a minimum of six hours. They don't have to USE six hours but six hours is your minimum. Late fees of five dollars per minute also for weekends.

If she IS interested let you know and it must be paid in advance.
missnikki 07:07 AM 03-07-2011
I was going to say that too, Nan... go ahead if you have nothing else going on, but make it very expensive.
Unregistered 09:45 AM 03-07-2011
As a customer, I would never even have the gall to ask my daycare provider. If I need care outside my provider's hours, I hire a babysitter or ask a neighbor or request a play date with a friend where I can drop off (and tell Mom beforehand about it and make sure she's cool with it). You should call her back and cancel and tell her that you've thought about it and if you do it for her, then you'd have to start sitting on weekends for everyone else and that is not going to work and tell her that your policy is firm - no babysitting after hours. And I wouldn't apologize either - your 32 weeks pregnant and I'm sure she's fully aware that her kid is a handful which is why she can't get anyone else to take her kid. She should have made sure she had back up day care and evening babysitting care when she had a kid like I did.
Tags:weekend care
Reply Up