Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When To Give Notice??
Unregistered 06:02 PM 04-27-2011
***Registered user posting in private since I know I have a parent that goes on here frequently***

We already know that we are about 90% sure that we're moving out of the area sometime this Summer (probably beginning of July). How much notice would you give the parents? I would like to give them enough notice to find a good daycare, but at the same time I don't want them leaving me too soon. KWIM? Thx!
WDW 07:57 PM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
***Registered user posting in private since I know I have a parent that goes on here frequently***

We already know that we are about 90% sure that we're moving out of the area sometime this Summer (probably beginning of July). How much notice would you give the parents? I would like to give them enough notice to find a good daycare, but at the same time I don't want them leaving me too soon. KWIM? Thx!
I would say a month. I think a lot of people will say two weeks, but I think a month is a little nicer. Esp. if you are closing, all the families you care for are going to need a new provider at once. I don't know your region, but I know that quality in home care here is hard to find, so the month gives them a little extra time.
Michael 07:57 PM 04-27-2011
Some other posts that may help: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ice+of+closure
morgan24 03:30 AM 04-28-2011
I would give 2 weeks because if it was a parent that was doing this they wouldn't think twice about giving you 2 weeks or less. As soon as you give notice be prepared for them to jump ship asap.
nannyde 04:02 AM 04-28-2011
Whatever amount of notice time you require them to give you.
melskids 04:51 AM 04-28-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Whatever amount of notice time you require them to give you.
i agree. whatever is in your handbook.

when we moved, i gave all my families almost 2 months, only because i didnt care if they left early.

i was hoping they would, i wanted a break

lucky for me they ALL stayed until the last day.

they threw me an awesome surprise going away party and gave very generous gifts, so i cant complain
Tags:notice of closure
Reply Up