Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>You Ladies Need To Join Pintrest
countrymom 02:46 PM 11-08-2011
I have so many things pinned for daycare ideas its crazy. Really neat site and highly recommend it. The site is www.pintrest.com I have my stuff under daycare ideas (I have alot) oh and if you like baking, there are tones of ideas too.
DaycareMama 02:51 PM 11-08-2011
I LOVE IT!!! I will PM you my "Name" if you like to check out my pins. I would love to see others!!
countrymom 03:02 PM 11-08-2011
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:
I LOVE IT!!! I will PM you my "Name" if you like to check out my pins. I would love to see others!!
I love looking at others too, I have stuff marked for my kids too, my ds likes to mark things for himself (anything that has to do with science experiements)
countrymom 03:02 PM 11-08-2011
I hope this works, but check this out.
http://pinterest.com/pin/245094404690370319/
MyAngels 03:24 PM 11-08-2011
Hmm. Just tried to "sign up" and was put on a "waiting list." Kind of a turn off - though I don't know why...
DaycareMama 03:30 PM 11-08-2011
I had to wait a few hours to get my invite. But its so worth it. Its like a visual favorite places/ideas. So great to help you plan your day
countrymom 03:32 PM 11-08-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Hmm. Just tried to "sign up" and was put on a "waiting list." Kind of a turn off - though I don't know why...
send me your email addy and I'll invite you.
countrymom 03:33 PM 11-08-2011
I had to wait a few hours to get my invite. But its so worth it. Its like a visual favorite places/ideas. So great to help you plan your day
funny how we both have some of the same ideas for daycare, I'm going to take some of your other ideas, so many great ideas I would never think of.
kendallina 03:33 PM 11-08-2011
I LOVE pinterest!
DaycareMama 03:39 PM 11-08-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
funny how we both have some of the same ideas for daycare, I'm going to take some of your other ideas, so many great ideas I would never think of.
I was just thinking that too! The mountail dew thing is sooo cool. I cant wait to try that
countrymom 04:03 PM 11-08-2011
I was just thinking that too! The mountail dew thing is sooo cool. I cant wait to try that

so I send the kids to the store ( small town=only store) and we tried it, it didn't work, but I think my peroxide is old and so is the baking soda so I will buy some new stuff this weekend and try.
momofsix 06:45 PM 11-08-2011
Between pinterest and Daycare.com, I'm turning into a computer addict! I now have to fight with my kids for time on the computer!!
dave4him 06:51 PM 11-08-2011
Going to have to show my wife this one
awestbrook713 09:40 AM 11-09-2011
How long does it take once your on the waiting list? I tried signing up this morning.
mismatchedsocks 09:42 AM 11-09-2011
lilrugrats2509@aol.com

can someone send me an invite??
Christina72684 09:58 AM 11-09-2011
Here's my Pinterest. Please post yours! I LOVE THIS SITE! But FYI it's addicting!

http://pinterest.com/christina72684/
Christina72684 09:59 AM 11-09-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I was too at first, but it's totally worth it! I think it took a day. Not sure why, but it's no biggy.
countrymom 10:57 AM 11-09-2011
here's mine if you want to follow (I have some boards that are in my kids names in case your wondering why the names)

http://pinterest.com/countrymomx4/
momofsix 12:13 PM 11-09-2011
http://pinterest.com/denisejj/

Here's mine, I'm fairly new so I don't have tons of stuff yet
I don't put up a lot of dc stuff, mainly because I have dc parents that follow me and I don't want them seeing my ideas ahead of time and wondering when I'm going to do them, or wondering why I'm NOT doing them!
Sunchimes 01:17 PM 11-09-2011
Lilrugrats, I just sent you one.
daycare 01:30 PM 11-09-2011
so I see lots of great crafting and DC ideas, but I don't see any instructions on how they were done... I am not crafty at all and need directions for everything..

is this something that I woudl need to find myself?
mismatchedsocks 01:48 PM 11-09-2011
Maybe I am just blind, or not paying attention today, but I dont get it. I have an account set up, and i went to make boards, but where do you get pins from??!? i need a break.
daycare 01:51 PM 11-09-2011
ok i figured it out....lol
DaycareMama 04:46 PM 11-09-2011
Im under the name DAYCAREMAMA (have some pretty yellow tulips for my pic) its not letting me attach the link right for some reason
momofsix 05:03 PM 11-09-2011
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
Maybe I am just blind, or not paying attention today, but I dont get it. I have an account set up, and i went to make boards, but where do you get pins from??!? i need a break.
Go to ABOUT, just to the left of your name on your pinterest page.
The 2nd link down says "pin it button". Click on this.
There will be a tutorial on how to pin this to your browser's bookmark bar.

Once it's there you can click on it whenever you find something you want to pin!

If you see something on someone else's board that you want to pin on your own board, just hover over the picture and at the top of it will come a "re-pin" "like" or "comment" option.

Hope this helps!
Sunchimes 05:13 PM 11-09-2011
Lilrugrats, I get mine from blogs usually. I have an etsy shop for my crafts, and so I've always followed a lot of crafty blogs. A lot of them are also young mothers, so I pick up some good ideas.

Basically, before pinterest, if you saw something on the web that you wanted to remember, you made a bookmark. Then, when you tried to find it later on your bookmark list, you had to try to remember what it was called. sigh Now, you can pin it and see the picture and find exactly what you want.

You can also watch the home page for other people's recent pins and repin anything you like.
mismatchedsocks 05:16 PM 11-09-2011
Thanks for the tips. I think it will take some getting used to. I have a long list of bookmarks!!
PitterPatter 05:34 PM 11-09-2011
Wow thank you so much for sharing this!! I guess I am waiting for an invite soon. Thank you thank you!! I love sharing ideas!
godiva83 05:49 PM 11-09-2011
I adore pinterest!!! Actually maybe I obsess over pinning lol
My DH doesn't like it one bit- says it has taken his wife away
countrymom 06:53 AM 11-10-2011
I have invited everyone who has asked for one.

*so to see how to do the ideas, click the pictures, it will bring you to a bigger picture and then click on it again, which will then bring you to the site where its from.

I don't share on facebook or twitter, so I don't have daycare parents who follow me.
LittleD 07:54 PM 11-11-2011
I still am not sure what I'm doing, but I like to follow and see what you ladies have. Can't figure out how to pin from my mobile device yet, which is what I use most of the time!
Sprouts 08:47 PM 11-11-2011
can someone invite me i signed up but never got an email

mary@sproutinglearners.com Thank you
2ndFamilyDC 06:54 AM 11-14-2011
could someone please send me a link to join, sounds very interesting to me.
Thanks
Crazy8 06:58 AM 11-14-2011
I posted here about pinterest a few months ago!! I love it - got so many craft ideas from there and I love that I can just look at the pic not read a bunch of directions in many cases!
countrymom 08:12 AM 11-14-2011
if anyone wants to join, send me an email and I'll get to it asap.
Tags:pictures, pictures - online, pintrest
Reply Up