Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Veggies for Breakfast
BigMama 03:11 PM 12-09-2011
I would love to serve veggies for breakfast but I don't have very many ideas as to how to do this. I have done sauteed broccoli and mushrooms with eggs, mixed pureed sweet potato in pancake batter, and done zucchini bread but my ideas end there. anyone have any good ideas as to how to incorporate veggies into breakfast?
SilverSabre25 03:53 PM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by BigMama:
I would love to serve veggies for breakfast but I don't have very many ideas as to how to do this. I have done sauteed broccoli and mushrooms with eggs, mixed pureed sweet potato in pancake batter, and done zucchini bread but my ideas end there. anyone have any good ideas as to how to incorporate veggies into breakfast?
Well my DH inexplicably served the kids cucumber slices with their blueberry muffins this morning

They apparently were okay with this though because they ate them...
Kaddidle Care 05:47 PM 12-09-2011
You don't have to go fancy - kids usually like pepper slices and such. Loose the sautee pan - they'll eat them raw!

My youngest rarely eats breakfast foods - so he gets leftovers, whatever in the AM so long as he eats I'm happy. He'd rather eat breakfast fare for supper.
Unregistered 09:35 AM 12-31-2011
Something I've also thought about. We are required to serve fruit. This gets pretty booorrriiinnggg. I'd love to be able to veg it up a little! :P
Unregistered 01:45 PM 01-11-2012
If you make breakfast casseroles you can stick all kinds of veggies in it, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, squash, potatoes, anything really. You can add breakfast meat and a crust or just eggs and veggies and cook in in a baking dish in the oven.
Tags:breakfast, breakfast - veggies, vegetables
Reply Up