Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Poor DCG Has Such A Stuffy Nose
Breezy 08:57 AM 03-29-2012
She is sooooooooooo tired but she can't sleep because of the stuffy nose. I keep sucking it out with the bulb syringe but it keeps getting worse. You should hear how much I am sucking out of her nose each time. Mom claims it is allergies and started two weeks ago when DCD cut the grass and then they went to the park.... uh huh, RIGHT!

Can't run the shower to get the bathroom all steamy because I can't leave DS on his own in the living room. Sigh, it is going to be one long day if I can't get her to stop crying and go to sleep. It's been over an hour of crying so far.
Blackcat31 09:05 AM 03-29-2012
((((hugs)))) Breezy!!

How old is she?

If she doesn't settle down, she may just want/need momma....I wouldn't hesitate to call if that happens.
Solandia 09:05 AM 03-29-2012
Vick's? Eucalyptus oil? I use on the back and/or soles of the feet. And benedryl to help with clearing up the sinuses. For a dck I would do the same(with parent permission, of course) it is hard to get well if the child can't sleep.

With bitty babies, I have put the vicks on me and suck on a cough drop while I hold them close, works pretty good in a pinch.
Breezy 09:09 AM 03-29-2012
8 months old. I did vicks on the feet. Next step will be saline drops with moms ok. I have her out in the swing now to be propped up to try and clear her out. Hopefully she will fall asleep and then I can lay her in the PNP.
Ariana 09:12 AM 03-29-2012
What about propping her head up or propping her pnp or cot up (whatever she's sleeping in/on)?
Breezy 09:27 AM 03-29-2012
Yes I did that and she just rolls to the bottom where it is not propped, hehe. She kept turning over on her tummy in her PNP and trying to sleep but as soon as she took a breath from her nose she freaked out crying. Her little eyes are red and tired. She can barely keep them open. I just layed DS down and if he goes to sleep I am going to steam up the bathroom for her.
Breezy 09:47 AM 03-29-2012
Ahhhhhhhh silence. They are BOTH sleeping now. Wooo hoooooooo
Tags:sickness, snot
Reply Up