Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Am I Wrong Here?!?!
Unregistered 05:46 PM 04-25-2012
dcg was picked up today by her grandmother. Dcm just called and left a message livid because I took diapers and wipes out of the diaper bag that were meant for grandmother. I didn't know they were meant for grandmother, dcm states she told me they were. Anyway, apparently grandmother didn't change her diaper in 6 hours and dcg got a red bottom. I dn't know why this is my fault, grandma knows where I live she could have came back for diapers and she could have also went to the store. geeze!
momofboys 06:06 PM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
dcg was picked up today by her grandmother. Dcm just called and left a message livid because I took diapers and wipes out of the diaper bag that were meant for grandmother. I didn't know they were meant for grandmother, dcm states she told me they were. Anyway, apparently grandmother didn't change her diaper in 6 hours and dcg got a red bottom. I dn't know why this is my fault, grandma knows where I live she could have came back for diapers and she could have also went to the store. geeze!
Not your problem!!! Sorry they are giving you a tough time - you did nothing wrong
Bookworm 06:11 PM 04-25-2012
It would have taken DCM all of 5 seconds to tell you they were meant for grandma. Don't even stress over it.
littlemissmuffet 06:47 PM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Oh man. I would not take this very well. I would have phoned mom back and told her exactly what you just told us... you didn't know, but that's not the point - grandma knows where you live and should have come back instead of passing the blame. Then I would have told her to lose the attitude - NOW.
sharlan 07:24 PM 04-25-2012
Grandmother should have a stack of extra diapers and wipes at her house. Also IF Grandmother was capable of driving to your house, why couldn't she drive to the grocery store to pick some up?

IMHO, it sounds like Mom is furious at Grandma and took it out on you.
familyschoolcare 07:31 PM 04-25-2012
Why didn't gandma check the bag before leaving the house. Grandma could have asked about diapers at that time.
Meyou 02:28 AM 04-26-2012
Why didn't Mom send a desperate bag for grandma or make sure you knew about it?

If I find diapers and wipes in a diaper bag I assume they're for me and I put them away. I had an aunt pick up one day last week and Mom told me in the morning that the bag supplies were for the aunt today. No confusion at all.
gwenpatt.dc 05:37 AM 04-26-2012
My parents leave a pkg of diapers here that I store so unless I was out of diapers I would not have taken them out of the bag. But that's just me. I agree with Sharlan, sounds like she's mad at Gma and took it out on you. Sucks to be us sometimes.......
Meeko 06:15 AM 04-26-2012
I am less tolerant of rude parents the older I get.

A disrespectful rant over something that was not my fault would result in an earful back and a termination.

Grandma did not HAVE to leave the child in a dirty diaper. That was 100% her decision. Not your fault Grandma was too lazy to get of her own butt and go to the store or your house for more diapers. And I would have said as much to the mom.
Blackcat31 06:27 AM 04-26-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:

A disrespectful rant over something that was not my fault would result in an earful back and a termination.

Grandma did not HAVE to leave the child in a dirty diaper. That was 100% her decision. Not your fault Grandma was too lazy to get of her own butt and go to the store or your house for more diapers. And I would have said as much to the mom.
Really gotta love the perks that do come with age....

I would have done the exact same thing! How dare that mother blame you for something another adult had the power and means to do herself...and then to leave a child in a wet diaper for that many hours?!

I would be half tempted to report the grandmother for neglect!
Christian Mother 08:26 AM 04-26-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
Oh man. I would not take this very well. I would have phoned mom back and told her exactly what you just told us... you didn't know, but that's not the point - grandma knows where you live and should have come back instead of passing the blame. Then I would have told her to lose the attitude - NOW.

This is me to a "T"..

I don't tolerate at any type of rudeness. I would of been on that phone pronto letting her know that first I don't appreciate such a call and 2nd I am pretty sure that you would of recalled a discussion that the wipes and diapers where ment for gma. Grandma shld have her own set at home just for grandbaby. But I would of left that last bit out...

Giving you a "Big" hug on here!
Unregistered-op 08:38 AM 04-27-2012
Thanks everyone for your replies. And the parents are being passive aggressive now leaving their child 3 hours past pick up time without as much as a call or text. I see a termination in their future if the nonsense continues.
MyAngels 12:25 PM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered-op:
Thanks everyone for your replies. And the parents are being passive aggressive now leaving their child 3 hours past pick up time without as much as a call or text. I see a termination in their future if the nonsense continues.
Holy cow I hope you charge a HUGE late fee . That'd be enough for immediate termination for me.
cheerfuldom 12:44 PM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Holy cow I hope you charge a HUGE late fee . That'd be enough for immediate termination for me.
3 hours late would be a termination for sure. Unless the parents were literally passed out or in a car accident or something but otherwise, it would not be tolerated. No second chances here.
Christian Mother 01:13 PM 04-27-2012
Did you attempt calling them after 15min of being late...I'd be blowing up their phone and what about emergency contacts. After 45min of no call no show I'd be calling the police to pick up dcg. And then I would term.
Crazy8 08:03 PM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
Did you attempt calling them after 15min of being late...I'd be blowing up their phone and what about emergency contacts. After 45min of no call no show I'd be calling the police to pick up dcg. And then I would term.
THIS. EXACTLY. 3 hours is not just "late" - its flat out abandonment in my book!!!!!!!
countrymom 05:45 AM 04-28-2012
I have a dad who doesn't change diapers, so if the girl poops while she is in dads care, then she has to wait till mom comes home. And for the 3 hours late, I would call all emergency numbers so someone will come and pick up.
kimsdaycare 05:28 AM 04-30-2012
Grandma chose to just NOT change baby's diaper?!?!?!

Oh no, not your fault. I would have reacted totally shocked when mom said this and asked why on Earth would grandma not call mom and let her know she had no diapers. Mom could have told her to come back for them or buy some, since grandma has zero common sense of her own. Then tell her you are so sorry GRANDMA did that to her child and in the future just give you a heads up so won't accidentally take them out of the bag.

6 hours? OMG.
Jenniferdawn 08:50 AM 04-30-2012
Unregistered, I'm dying to know what you said to the parents with such a late pick-up. That's insane!
MizzCheryl 09:48 AM 04-30-2012

Meeko said it all!
Tags:dirty diapers, grandparents
Reply Up