Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Feeling Sad...
Christian Mother 02:22 PM 05-17-2012
It's my last day for one of my little guys...

They gave me a special letter of appreciation with a movie gift card. I have been suppressing my feelings all week. I just can't handle it. Little baby boy...2 1/2 will wake up in 45min. and have a snack with the rest of the kiddo's and then dad will be here to pick up. I know that I won't be to far away and we will stay in touch and see each other on bday's but I am truly going to miss this family so much!! Never exspected the days to go by so quickly...
Countrygal 05:21 PM 05-17-2012
That's the hard part - letting them go. Hope everything went well and I'm so glad that the family let you know that you are appreciated!
Christian Mother 05:45 PM 05-17-2012
Pick up went well..poor little guy couldn't understand the tears. It made him feel uncomfortable so he wouldn't really look at me but gave me a nice hug good bye.

Tomorrow will be the worst...saying goodbye to 3 families one after another since they all get picked up 15 min after each other. It's going to be rough!
Mary Poppins 05:56 PM 05-17-2012
Awww! It's hard when we get attached. I have some now that would break my heart if I had to say goodbye.

Just be happy that these are children whom you will truly miss rather than ones you can't wait to "get rid of". You are lucky in that sense!
Christian Mother 07:19 PM 05-17-2012
I know...I am really attached to these families and their children. I've been really blessed with some many great families...hopefully I send them off well behaved and ready for a new daycare. One of my families told me they talked to a lady out here who has 13 kids...she doesn't think she is lic. and I don't know if she has help. DCM was like I am not to sure on ratio being lic. here in AZ.
Meeko 06:05 AM 05-18-2012
It's hard to say goodbye when you have grown to love them.

I remember saying goodbye to my little Jordan when she was almost three years old. I had her from age six weeks. Her parents were both military police and lived across the street from us on our AF base. I thought my heart would break when we left the military to come home to Utah and had to leave her behind.

Her mom swore we would keep in touch. We did. Lots of photos. First day of Kindergarten. Yearly Christmas photos. Phone calls. Prom. Graduation. College graduation. Now she's my Facebook friend and we 'speak" almost daily. A lovely young woman and I still love her dearly.

I have about 6 "kids" that regularly keep in touch. Some have kids of their own now.

I had to have the heartache of them leaving to enjoy watching them grow up.

Keep in touch with your daycare kids if you can. It's awesome!
sharlan 07:55 AM 05-18-2012
I remember that feeling when I shut down my daycare 6 yrs ago. I had that group of kids since birth, all of them. They were between 6 mos and 6 yrs.
Christian Mother 09:56 AM 05-18-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:
It's hard to say goodbye when you have grown to love them.

I remember saying goodbye to my little Jordan when she was almost three years old. I had her from age six weeks. Her parents were both military police and lived across the street from us on our AF base. I thought my heart would break when we left the military to come home to Utah and had to leave her behind.

Her mom swore we would keep in touch. We did. Lots of photos. First day of Kindergarten. Yearly Christmas photos. Phone calls. Prom. Graduation. College graduation. Now she's my Facebook friend and we 'speak" almost daily. A lovely young woman and I still love her dearly.

I have about 6 "kids" that regularly keep in touch. Some have kids of their own now.

I had to have the heartache of them leaving to enjoy watching them grow up.

Keep in touch with your daycare kids if you can. It's awesome!
Reading this just made me happy and sad...bawling my eyes out...

We are doing the same things we normally do and another art activity...their last...Trying not to show tears around the kiddo's..they don't understand.

I hope that the parents and I are all able to stay in touch also so I can continue to see them grow up. That would be so wonderful to see them go off to Kindy, Prom, and Graduation..to later marry and have kids of their own. Just to see them grow up...bitter sweet for me....I hate goodbyes!
Tags:appreciation, goodbye - sad, sad
Reply Up