Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Septic pumping
Oneluckymom 12:32 PM 11-28-2012
Hi guys, I've called licensing to find out about this and haven't heard back yet, but do any of you know if i need to close when I have my septic tank pumped? I'm hoping it just in need of pumping and nothing else. I saw it leaking this morn so it's emergent! Thanks!!
daycarediva 04:23 PM 11-28-2012
My dh is a plumber. He said they don't have to come inside, and as long as you can still flush it/use it, he doesn't see a reason why you have to close.

He also says that the only time you have to have your system pumped more often than once every 10 years is if your leach lines aren't working properly and need to be replaced.
Willow 05:09 PM 11-28-2012
I had ours done this past summer and didn't close.

I didn't see a leak but could smell an obvious odor when I was mowing one evening

The guy that did ours said it largely depends on the size of your tank. The size of ours, for family of four, and me running a daycare with a bunch of extra kids using it 10 hours out of the day we shouldn't go more than 2-3 years and we should check and clean off the filter (that strains any inappropriately flushed "solids" ) a couple of times a year.

If you have a garbage disposal it should be pumped once a year.

Wasn't at all expensive so I'm going to stick with that schedule.
Reply Up