Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much Is To Much??HMMMM????
Ms.Sachae 10:24 AM 03-02-2014
OK! So i am gathering all paper work and getting things together .. I"m just stuck on prices.. I'm going to provide care from ages 6weeks to 5yrs .. hours are 6am to 5pm . How much is to much ? Give me some prices I'm going nuts over here. I just want to be far also.
NoMoreJuice! 12:32 PM 03-02-2014
That depends entirely on your area. Your local resource and referral office can give you a range if you call them!

I used to have a licensed daycare in a small town and I charged $90 a week full time...then I moved to a large city and I now charge $175 a week. It ALL depends on your area and what people are willing to pay.

You can look at some other provider's websites to see if they list their fees, but technically you can't call and ask them, because that is illegal as it is considered price fixing.

Good luck!
Ms.Sachae 12:44 PM 03-02-2014
Thank you! yes I live in a large County so according to what you are saying my prices are fair .
Blackcat31 01:00 PM 03-02-2014
Originally Posted by Ms.Sachae:
Thank you! yes I live in a large County so according to what you are saying my prices are fair .
What state are you in?
Ms.Sachae 09:03 AM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
What state are you in?
I am in Maryland , Owings Mills County
Blackcat31 09:24 AM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by Ms.Sachae:
I am in Maryland , Owings Mills County
Here is the list of standard reimbursement rates for your area.

It might give you a good starting point as to where to start and what to set your rates at.

http://www.mdchildcare.org/mdcfc/for.../cc_reimb.html
Ms.Sachae 10:23 AM 03-04-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Here is the list of standard reimbursement rates for your area.

It might give you a good starting point as to where to start and what to set your rates at.

http://www.mdchildcare.org/mdcfc/for.../cc_reimb.html
Thank You
rebekki78 10:25 AM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
That depends entirely on your area. Your local resource and referral office can give you a range if you call them!

I used to have a licensed daycare in a small town and I charged $90 a week full time...then I moved to a large city and I now charge $175 a week. It ALL depends on your area and what people are willing to pay.

You can look at some other provider's websites to see if they list their fees, but technically you can't call and ask them, because that is illegal as it is considered price fixing.

Good luck!
This is what I would go with. I also asked a few providers in the area that I know personally and went by what I used to pay when I worked. Around here it varies by $50 a week per child. I went crazy trying to figure out rates, and adjusted them three times before I opened my doors. Whew, I understand. Try craigslist searches for around your area, that helped me also, just to get a round about idea.
Ms.Sachae 09:38 AM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by rebekki78:
This is what I would go with. I also asked a few providers in the area that I know personally and went by what I used to pay when I worked. Around here it varies by $50 a week per child. I went crazy trying to figure out rates, and adjusted them three times before I opened my doors. Whew, I understand. Try craigslist searches for around your area, that helped me also, just to get a round about idea.
Thank you
Tags:education, new daycare, rates - fair and reasonable, research
Reply Up