Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Co-Signers?
Abigail 07:52 PM 03-24-2011
I just read a contract that made me realize something.....not everyone who has a child is 18 years old. LOL

I decided to be safe than sorry and add a co-signer's signature line on my contracts. Does anyone else have this as well? It's funny how I think I've got everything possible covered and then I don't. Ha ha.

(Makes sense too, you can't even rent a video from a video store without being 18 here!)
DCMomOf3 07:54 PM 03-24-2011
I had to add one too because I have a family who insisted both mom and dad signed.
daycare 07:56 PM 03-24-2011
I am not judging anyone, but I would never do business with a co-signer ever again.

I know that no two situations are the same, with mine the girl was older age 24, but the mom was the one paying for it and I NEVER got paid on time. The girl would say oh my mom will be by to pay you today and so on and the mom never did. I ran into soooo many issues with it, including TAX issues it was not even funny.
dEHmom 04:14 AM 03-25-2011
i have room for 2 parent/guardians to sign on all of my forms/contracts.
I find though that far too often the dads don't sign. It's strange to me but oh well.

Originally Posted by daycare:
I know that no two situations are the same, with mine the girl was older age 24, but the mom was the one paying for it and I NEVER got paid on time. The girl would say oh my mom will be by to pay you today and so on and the mom never did. I ran into soooo many issues with it, including TAX issues it was not even funny.
I can understand that, but it's no different than if dcd has to hand dcm the money. It's due when it is due, or "No pay no stay" kicks in. I know you don't have them anymore, but I just thought I'd say that
E Daycare 04:52 AM 03-25-2011
I have a co-signer signature under two parent sigs just in case I have someone underage.

I doubt Id ever get a underager as Ive been informed countless times by grown adults that the $175 a week for up to 52hrs of care I charge is too much (even though every parent keeps their kid here pretty much the 52hrs so I think $3.37 a hour it comes down to is pretty fair but...). So unless they have great jobs as a 16yr old or rich parents I probably wont need that area. When I was doing my contract I saw a lot of other people had that area so I just included it too.
Lucy 09:13 AM 03-25-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I am not judging anyone, but I would never do business with a co-signer ever again.

I learned my lesson with that one too. Now I tell them that my contract is with the PARENT, and that the grandma can pay the mom behind the scenes, but it is the kid's MOM who is responsible to pay me, and she is the one I go to if payments are late, or if they bounce, etc. Tax forms go to the kid's MOM. WHERE she gets her money is her own business. I won't take a payment from a 3rd party.
Abigail 10:45 PM 03-25-2011
I mentioned my idea to a co-worker at the office today and she said I should just save a copy for the co-signer, but omit that signature line unless I need it. I think I'll do that so I don't have to explain to the 99% who will not need it why it's there.
Tags:co-signer
Reply Up