Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-22-2021, 09:26 AM
Annalee's Avatar
Annalee Annalee is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,751
Default Outside Music Wall

Another question....has anyone ever seen this; and if so, what is a crafty way to hook the utensils to the pallet....I was thinking bungy cord but that might be a little too dangerous but running around with the utensils might be even more dangerous. Any ideas!
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/40/e4/ae/4...llet-ideas.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-22-2021, 10:32 AM
284878's Avatar
284878 284878 is online now
Day Care Owner
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Next door
Posts: 2,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalee View Post
Another question....has anyone ever seen this; and if so, what is a crafty way to hook the utensils to the pallet....I was thinking bungy cord but that might be a little too dangerous but running around with the utensils might be even more dangerous. Any ideas!
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/40/e4/ae/4...llet-ideas.jpg
I like this idea but would worry more about the strainers breaking and cutting a child then the wooden spoons being used elsewhere.

I got drum set and rain wheel last summer to add to my bells (random bells form the store that I hung in the fort) in my playground.

https://www.wayfair.com/outdoor/pdp/...t-sns1124.html
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-22-2021, 10:36 AM
Annalee's Avatar
Annalee Annalee is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 284878 View Post
I like this idea but would worry more about the strainers breaking and cutting a child then the wooden spoons being used elsewhere.

I got drum set and rain wheel last summer to add to my bells (random bells form the store that I hung in the fort) in my playground.

https://www.wayfair.com/outdoor/pdp/...t-sns1124.html
Thank you! I will check these out
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-22-2021, 12:00 PM
Bluemoon5's Avatar
Bluemoon5 Bluemoon5 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 70
Default

We have a music wall like that at my center. They put it in maybe five years ago and it's held up pretty well. Anything that breaks and/or starts to rust gets removed or replaced. I think most of the items are held on with zip ties. The utensils are kept on top of the wall and the kids are taught they have to be standing at the wall to use them. I'll see if I can find any pictures. It's been awhile since we've been out there (it's in the back garden and we've had 2 and 1/2 feet of snow on the ground for the past month or so.)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-22-2021, 12:34 PM
Annalee's Avatar
Annalee Annalee is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemoon5 View Post
We have a music wall like that at my center. They put it in maybe five years ago and it's held up pretty well. Anything that breaks and/or starts to rust gets removed or replaced. I think most of the items are held on with zip ties. The utensils are kept on top of the wall and the kids are taught they have to be standing at the wall to use them. I'll see if I can find any pictures. It's been awhile since we've been out there (it's in the back garden and we've had 2 and 1/2 feet of snow on the ground for the past month or so.)
THanks!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-22-2021, 12:43 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,751
Default

Wouldn't that be called a "Tick the Neighbor's Off" wall?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-22-2021, 12:59 PM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Wouldn't that be called a "Tick the Neighbor's Off" wall?
Well, NOW, I want one.

I still don't think it will drown out the donkey, ducks, turkeys, chickens and pigs, though.
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-22-2021, 03:12 PM
Annalee's Avatar
Annalee Annalee is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Wouldn't that be called a "Tick the Neighbor's Off" wall?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
Well, NOW, I want one.

I still don't think it will drown out the donkey, ducks, turkeys, chickens and pigs, though.
Well now, remember I am in the country...so my neighbors are few but yep, it could, technically, "tick them off" but I've been in business 29 years this year so you would think they would have already been ticked off and moved by now if daycare was that bad
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
music wall

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Meal Time Music mamamanda Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 5 02-12-2018 08:52 AM
photo wall putting pictures of kids on playroom wall Unregistered Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 10-07-2015 08:57 PM
Can I See Your Word Wall? MarinaVanessa Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 06-23-2015 08:46 AM
Tom Question On Wall to Wall Carpet Little People Daycare and Taxes 3 02-25-2011 12:56 PM
Music for Daycare Movie tenderhearts Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 6 12-15-2010 06:43 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:48 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming