Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Move is Complete!
CityGarden 12:56 PM 07-20-2016
Hi All ~

I feel like I have been MIA but I am back!!!!

After I had not renewed my teaching contract for next year and already had started getting bids on converting my garage into a home-based preschool room my landlord of several years called with news that they unexpectedly were retiring back to the house.....

So I had to move, there were several items to factor and I posted a prior thread on those options. Well I have finally moved we are not settled but I am confident I can get that done ASAP. The rental was in decent shape with great potential --- at my own expense I had the entire interior painted and just had Time Warner hook up the phone/internet/tv so it is starting to feel real. Task this week: keep unpacking, have carpets cleaned, redo my licensing paperwork and schedule my TB test. I am so happy I finally feel I am out of the holding pattern and can move forward with my business plans

Given the space is smaller than I had in my prior home I am now debating if I should specialize in 0-2 instead of 2-5 which is the age I love but we will see what happens.
AmyKidsCo 01:04 PM 07-20-2016
Moving is SUCH a big job!
Nurse Jackie 01:08 PM 07-20-2016
Congrats and good luck to you City
CityGarden 08:35 PM 07-20-2016
Thanks Amy & Jackie I am so excited!!!!
Blackcat31 07:08 AM 07-21-2016
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
Hi All ~

I feel like I have been MIA but I am back!!!!

After I had not renewed my teaching contract for next year and already had started getting bids on converting my garage into a home-based preschool room my landlord of several years called with news that they unexpectedly were retiring back to the house.....

So I had to move, there were several items to factor and I posted a prior thread on those options. Well I have finally moved we are not settled but I am confident I can get that done ASAP. The rental was in decent shape with great potential --- at my own expense I had the entire interior painted and just had Time Warner hook up the phone/internet/tv so it is starting to feel real. Task this week: keep unpacking, have carpets cleaned, redo my licensing paperwork and schedule my TB test. I am so happy I finally feel I am out of the holding pattern and can move forward with my business plans

Given the space is smaller than I had in my prior home I am now debating if I should specialize in 0-2 instead of 2-5 which is the age I love but we will see what happens.
Congratulations on the move!

Sounds like you have it all under control though!

As for focusing on a specific age group, have you moved to a new area where maybe the needs might be specific or different than they were where you previously lived?

Maybe put some advertisements out there and see which age groups responds and then decide....

I personally love the 2-5 yr old group but I know business-wise the need for care for the under 2 crowd is in much more demand in my area.
Tags:moving
Reply Up