Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Did You Get Thanked Today?
DaisyMamma 07:47 AM 05-08-2015
Happy Provider Appreciation Day!

I'm giving the daycare moms the same thing I got today
Second Home 07:52 AM 05-08-2015
Nope , and I don't expect to .
butterfly 07:53 AM 05-08-2015
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
Happy Provider Appreciation Day!

I'm giving the daycare moms the same thing I got today

I did get a really nice card/gift card from my newest family. And one family gave me flowers. Not even a thank you from the other 7 families I have. But I know not to expect anything from any of them. I was over joyed to get what I got!!
DaisyMamma 07:54 AM 05-08-2015
Originally Posted by Second Home:
Well I would like to personally Thank YOU for being so dedicated to these kids and providing them a safe, loving and fun environment. Have a wonderful day!
Unregistered 08:19 AM 05-08-2015
Noooo.
Yet, I sit here with the kids completing their mother's day projects.
Baby Beluga 08:26 AM 05-08-2015
One family gave me a beautiful card and a $100 visa gift card on Monday. My other families haven't said a word. But that's okay
hope 08:36 AM 05-08-2015
Mine seem to all call me their babysitter so I don't think they would do anything unless it was specifically called National Babysitter Appreciation Day. Lol!!!! Other years they have given me things for mothers day so maybe there is hope.
Onawhim 08:52 AM 05-08-2015
Nope!!
LysesKids 08:56 AM 05-08-2015
Not thanked by current families but then I have only 2 of my 4 here... all the parents have been wishing me a Happy Mothers day; last year I had a parent get me some treats from a local bakery & even though her child aged out, she Facebooked me this morning to say thanks again
Unregistered 08:59 AM 05-08-2015
I would gather 90 percent of your families have no clue what day it is.
daycarediva 09:11 AM 05-08-2015
I mailed my former provider a card. She hasn't had my kids in care in about 8 years and has only met my youngest child a handful of times, but I am forever indebt to that woman. She ROCKS!

I got flowers, card, and a card with more than a weeks pay. Half remembered and said thank you, and it made my day.
finsup 09:34 AM 05-08-2015
I did...by my mom lol. To be fair I had never heard of it before so I suspect my DCF haven't heard of it either.
Second Home 09:38 AM 05-08-2015
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
Well I would like to personally Thank YOU for being so dedicated to these kids and providing them a safe, loving and fun environment. Have a wonderful day!
Awwww , thanks .
Baby lady 09:38 AM 05-08-2015
I never heard of it either, so I certainly don't expect anything

I did get a homemade birthday card (with a "thank you for taking care of me") from a 6yo dcg ..... so there's that
DaveA 10:03 AM 05-08-2015
Originally Posted by Second Home:
Same here. Doubt the DCPs have even heard of Provider Appreciation Day. Plus I usually get pretty cool Birthday gifts the end of March, so I wouldn't want them to do something else.
Maggie 10:53 AM 05-08-2015
I don't think any of my parents know there is a provider appreciation day and I didn't either until I found this forum. I have a teacher mom who always brings me gifts during teacher appreciation week. This week it was a dozen eggs from her backyard chickens, a card that says "Thank you for loving me even when I'm crabby" with a gift card to the local crab shack, and today a 30 pack of my favorite beer! They are an awesome family and it is nice to be appreciated.
Kabob 11:02 AM 05-08-2015
I get a thank you every day.
racemom 11:34 AM 05-08-2015
I have today off, but yesterday I received apple bread from one family and flowers from another! I was surprised because this is the first year anyone has been thoughtful enough to give us gifts!
sharlan 11:40 AM 05-08-2015
Uh, I got paid by one parent AFTER I reminded him it was payday. Not a word from the other 3.
LysesKids 03:44 PM 05-08-2015
My day changed lol... One parent went out of her way to get little miss after daddy "forgot" and she brought me a 3 pack of wipes, the late pu fee and a bottle of wine; one other family just didn't pay ( Friday is not one of their days, but they blamed one another for not coming over with $ - they just separated) - Monday morning will b interesting
daycare 03:56 PM 05-08-2015
I got lots of nice gifts today from several families....

The thing that I got that made me cry was a card from one of my past dcks..

it said, you are still my favorite teacher and I miss you...he's in 6th grade now.....I balled my eyes out....I miss that family tons
Controlled Chaos 04:03 PM 05-08-2015
I didn't know what today was until just now lol

But my parents say thank you everyday
Unregistered 04:21 PM 05-08-2015
None of my parents even knew what day it is, but they all left with a pretty potted plant for mom's day! I don't really care, though, because I know they are thankful for me. And I am thankful for them! We need an "I am not a crappy parent" appreciation day! They give me very little issue and love their kiddos, so that is all the "gift" I need
Josiegirl 04:29 PM 05-08-2015
One dcm brought in a watercolor picture her darling sweet 3 yo dd made, and a sweet note, plus an adorable picture of her dd dressed in her dance costume(sweetest lil dancing mouse I've ever seen!!).
Dcm said it was for provider appreciation day and asked if I knew that was today. I said 'nah, I don't keep up with stuff like that'.
kitykids3 04:33 PM 05-08-2015
Nope. Of 6 families, one gave me a box of chocolates and a card yesterday (she's a teacher so I think she's the only one that knows). The chocolates I'll prob share with the kiddos and assistant since I'm not into them much, but the card was sweet and the thought was sweet.
Sunchimes 05:44 PM 05-08-2015
I got a $50 gift card and a tear inducing card from one family to "someone who teaches everything". Nothing from the others, but there isn't a week goes by that someone doesn't express appreciation. I have the best parents I've ever had. I think I'll just keep adding grades so that I never have to let them go.
kendallina 07:46 PM 05-08-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
None of my parents even knew what day it is, but they all left with a pretty potted plant for mom's day! I don't really care, though, because I know they are thankful for me. And I am thankful for them! We need an "I am not a crappy parent" appreciation day! They give me very little issue and love their kiddos, so that is all the "gift" I need
Well said. I got a few small things, which was nice. But what's better is I have good parents who really care about their kids and show me appreciation every day. I'm very lucky.
Reply Up