Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Summer Rates???
lilcupcakes09 03:47 AM 02-19-2015
What are your summer rates for SA kiddos? I have a group that requires so much direction and supervision I am considering uping my rate while they are off during the summer. I actually had a mom tell me I need to up my rates because her child is so "busy"! Thinking to myself...."you know you made her that way right?", this is a child who doesn't know how to play on her own whatsoever.
Josiegirl 04:19 AM 02-19-2015
I went to a webinar last night, by Tom Copeland. And he said it's our business and we can pretty much do anything we want, as long as it's not discriminatory for religion, disability, color, race, etc. But he said we do NOT have to charge the same rate for each family or even be open at the same hours for every family. We get to call the shots. You are perfectly within your rights to increase their rates, as long as you give them a notice.
I'm thinking of changing some of my part timer rates. And yes, some of those SA'ers are so much work!!!!
Luvnmykidz 05:21 AM 02-19-2015
I charge between $150-$175 a week for SA, depending on the hours and activities. We are really busy in the summer and do a lot of field trips (zoo, library, movies, parks, pool). If they are here for most of the activities then I charge the higher end of the rate. I f they are just a few hours a day I charge the lower end of it but not less than $150. SA are sometimes the hardest age group, when parents are not raising there kids, encouraging appropriate behaviors, and holding them accountable for poor choices they make.
jenboo 07:24 AM 02-19-2015
If they are there all day during the summer, I would at least charge your full time rate. Probably more since I don't like school agers.
nothingwithoutjoy 08:07 AM 02-19-2015
I have one 10-year-old whose rate I dropped from my usual $65/day to $50/day because she's so much of a help to me. Everyone else pays the same rate as the preschoolers, but it would make sense to charge more--they use more materials, eat more, and are up during nap, which means I work harder.
Reply Up