Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christmas decorations
small_steps 11:42 AM 11-22-2011
Anyone have any really cute Christmas decorating ideas? I saw a cute fire place at Teachers Tool that I wanted to buy but didn't. I may go get it. It had a little mantle and looked like a brick fireplace. Would be cute to hang little stockings on it with each of the daycare kids names.
Any other ideas that are easy on the budget but still cute?
Zoe 11:44 AM 11-22-2011
Every month I have something relating to the month on our front door with the kids' names on them. For instance, for November I colored (and had the dck's help color) turkeys, we put the names on and put them on the door with a title saying "Zoe's" little turkeys.

Haven't figured out what to do for December yet, but it might be trees, or decorations, reindeer, etc. with a cute title.
Cat Herder 11:51 AM 11-22-2011
You can never go wrong with penguins, polar bears, snowmen and snowflakes.

Think silver, blue and all things glittery.

Takes me clear through February.....
small_steps 12:03 PM 11-22-2011
My Christmas tree ornaments are silver & blue this year
Do you guys put a tree up in your daycare space? I was thinking I may put a little one in there, maybe up on a shelf or something where the babies can't get to it.
Zoe 12:09 PM 11-22-2011
That's a tricky one for those with daycare spaces in the main part of the house (like me). We have a 7 foot plastic tree that I've never had a problem with the daycare kids with. If I had infants/toddlers, I'd put up a gate around it. And no breakable ornaments near the bottom. Constantly keep an eye on the kids the first few days that the tree is up so they learn that the tree and the pretty stuff on it is NOT to be touched.

This year we have a puppy. Here's hoping she doesn't figure out how to jump over the gate!
daycare 12:09 PM 11-22-2011
we will go to the christmas tree farm and cut one down that will be DCR only.

The kids will get to my a decoration daily up until christmas to put on it. Last years was amazing looking..
Tags:decorating, holiday, holidays
Reply Up