Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>I Am New To This Forum
winkiedee 05:39 AM 05-24-2012
Hello everyone, my name is Denise and I have owned a child care center for almost 5 years, boy has it been up and down. I am licensed for 112 kids and most of the time I am full.

I am having alot of money problems now with my attendance down and would love to talk about this and get some advise from you all. But first I thought I would introduce myself and meet some of you.

thank you
Denise
Blackcat31 06:57 AM 05-24-2012
Welcome to the forum!

Your status has been upgraded so you can post freely now
winkiedee 01:33 PM 05-24-2012
thank you very much
Michael 01:35 PM 05-24-2012
I just saw this. welcome to the forum. Private mail me or any of the other moderators if you need help.
Heidi 01:37 PM 05-24-2012
welcome!

I am family childcare licensed for 8. Kind of at the other end of the spectrum!
Blackcat31 01:37 PM 05-24-2012
Are you really licensed for 112 kids? How many teachers/staff people do you have? What ages do you take? Are you in your a home or in a separate building? Are you the director or do you have hands on time with the daycare kids?

What are some of you issues that are causing you to suffer financially?

Wow....I sound like a 3 year old with a case of "why-arrhea"...LOL!!

I am just trying to gather some info so that maybe I can offer you some advice or assistance. There are a ton of ladies (and gents) here from all sorts of child care situations so hopefully we can help you out.
winkiedee 01:53 PM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Are you really licensed for 112 kids? How many teachers/staff people do you have? What ages do you take? Are you in your a home or in a separate building? Are you the director or do you have hands on time with the daycare kids?

What are some of you issues that are causing you to suffer financially?

Wow....I sound like a 3 year old with a case of "why-arrhea"...LOL!!

I am just trying to gather some info so that maybe I can offer you some advice or assistance. There are a ton of ladies (and gents) here from all sorts of child care situations so hopefully we can help you out.
Yes I am licensed for 112 kids, I have 17 staff including my self. I take from 6 weeks to 12 yrs. I am in a separate building. I am the owner and director. I have 2 assistants and the rest is teachers or floaters. I am open from 530am to 7pm. My biggest problem is my rent its so much more then I should have to pay but its too late, i had it built to my liking 5000 sq feet. I just want to have some money in savings as a cushion for tough times. I struggle every week to come up with payroll and all the bills.
Blackcat31 01:59 PM 05-24-2012
WOW! Hats off to you! You sound like a really busy gal!

I guess I can't be too much help as I only have 12-14 kids and although I am in a separate home, I don't have payroll to manange. Someone who would be really good source if assistance would be Sugar Magnolia. She owns a small center, not as large as you but she does the whole payroll thing and manages a budget for a center so you should PM her and she would probably be super happy to consult/chat with you.

Other than that, myonly suggestion would be to keep posting your individual issues and the members here can give you all sorts of feedback, ideas and opinions that might set you in the right direction.
Michael 02:00 PM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
WOW! Hats off to you! You sound like a really busy gal!

I guess I can't be too much help as I only have 12-14 kids and although I am in a separate home, I don't have payroll to manange. Someone who would be really good source if assistance would be Sugar Magnolia. She owns a small center, not as large as you but she does the whole payroll thing and manages a budget for a center so you should PM her and she would probably be super happy to consult/chat with you.

Other than that, myonly suggestion would be to keep posting your individual issues and the members here can give you all sorts of feedback, ideas and opinions that might set you in the right direction.
I PM'd her this thread.
Sugar Magnolia 11:51 AM 05-25-2012
Thanks Blackcat and Michael, yeah I missed.this one. Hello! Yay,.another."center person"! Wow, that is a BIG center! I am a really small center, just 15 students. We are a multi age approach center, and besides myself and my husband, we have one staffer. I an not sure Ican help, but pm me if you have questions. Enrollment is a tough issue. Maybe Michael can find you some links to threads about marketing and enrollment.
Sugar Magnolia 11:52 AM 05-25-2012
Opps, so many typos, using my phone, sorry!
Michael 12:05 PM 05-25-2012
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Opps, so many typos, using my phone, sorry!
If you have the iPhone 4s you can use the dictation function and not worry about typing. . It saves me so much time and those buttons are just too damn small.
Tags:louisiana
Reply Up