Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When Applying For Licensing, Who Determines If It Is A "Facility" Or Home Child Care?
rjc9558 10:03 PM 09-08-2007
Hi!
My friend and I are wanting to start a child care/daycare business. On my property (1 and 1/2 acres) there are 2 residences. The one my family lives in is a 2-story home, and the other residence is a triple-wide mobile home that sits empty. My confusion lies in what type of licensing to apply for! According to what I have read, "home day care" seems to apply to caring for children in your actual residence. While we would not be doing this, the building that we would be conducting our business in is also a "residence", and it is in a residential area. The square footage of the mobile is 2,100 square feet including the covered porch--large enough to care for more than the max number they say is allowed for home day care> we would much rather be considered a child care "center" as although the initial cost of fees and licensing and insurance is higher I believe that we would have more flexibility as to the number of children we could care for. I am starting to babble and I apologize for that! I guess what I need to know is who would I contact to determine how we should apply? I told you I was confused!!!!

Thanks for your time and I am sure that I will be picking all of your brains in the very near future!!!

Best regards!!

Becky
Tags:licensing
Up