Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Show Parents How Their Kids Act
gumdrops 08:56 AM 01-25-2019
Do you ever want to record kids just to show their parents how they act? I would never do it, but some days just suck! I just want to record their little "angel" completely terrorizing everyone who comes in contact with them. I asked an older sister yesterday "what does mom do when she acts like this?" referring to little sister who was throwing a complete tantrum. Big sister said "she doesn't do this at home!" Little sister wants to be in charge of the kids and when something doesn't go her way, her little devil horns come out.

Or the opposite, when kids actually listen because you enforce rules and their parents don't believe you.

It's amazing how kids can be so different in different environments with different authority figures.
Reply
Blackcat31 08:59 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by gumdrops:
Do you ever want to record kids just to show their parents how they act? I would never do it, but some days just suck! I just want to record their little "angel" completely terrorizing everyone who comes in contact with them. I asked an older sister yesterday "what does mom do when she acts like this?" referring to little sister who was throwing a complete tantrum. Big sister said "she doesn't do this at home!" Little sister wants to be in charge of the kids and when something doesn't go her way, her little devil horns come out.

Or the opposite, when kids actually listen because you enforce rules and their parents don't believe you.

It's amazing how kids can be so different in different environments with different authority figures.
That right there says it all.... ^^^

It's all about the adult in charge.
It impacts everything.

My DCK's certainly don't behave for their parents the way they do for me but I know that 75% of it is my expectations and behaviors and the other 25% is environment. Your little DCG probably doesn't behave that way at home because there aren't as many opportunities to have conflict with peers other than her sister. kwim?

But yes, I always tell my daycare parents that the child they have is not the child I have. Both in negative and positive ways!
Reply
hwichlaz 09:33 AM 01-25-2019
I do it when kids put on a huge show for parents at drop off, but are fine within seconds of mom leaving....
Reply
Cat Herder 10:24 AM 01-25-2019
Take running note observations.

https://www.rrcc.edu/sites/default/f...-annotated.pdf
Reply
Mom2Two 01:41 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I do it when kids put on a huge show for parents at drop off, but are fine within seconds of mom leaving....
Me too. I often text photos of their calm, happy playing child...just 30 seconds after they walked out on a screaming little demon.
Reply
CeriBear 07:49 AM 01-26-2019
I only take pictures or videos of a child if he/she is doing something funny or just of them playing in general. I would never take a picture or a video of a child’s misbehavior or temper tantrum.
Reply
Tags:behavior observation tool, behavior plan, lesson plans, observations
Reply Up