Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This Is a Legitimate Question, Alright??
KristinsHomeCC 06:03 AM 01-07-2016
What in the world do you do as a family home childcare provider when you have to POOP!?!?

I have 4 DCKs and one is a biter who I have to helicopter (ok .. ok .. hes my son) so when I try to make it quick I will grab him and bring him with me. My other DCK are 2, 9m and 4m.

So I was just wondering what you all do when nature calls. Ahahahha
Blackcat31 06:17 AM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by KristinsHomeCC:
What in the world do you do as a family home childcare provider when you have to POOP!?!?

I have 4 DCKs and one is a biter who I have to helicopter (ok .. ok .. hes my son) so when I try to make it quick I will grab him and bring him with me. My other DCK are 2, 9m and 4m.

Do exactly what you are doing now... take your son with you and make sure the others are in a safe place where nothing can happen to them. Put all the babies in a PNP (separately of course...lol!) for a moment and have the other 2 yr old be occupied with something and just go.

Leave the door open if necessary, I use a baby monitor with a hand held monitor/screen so I can take that with me if necessary.

It's part of life...its no different than being occupied with anything else that needs to get done.
midaycare 06:19 AM 01-07-2016
Babies in a pack and play, biters/troublemakers also in a pack and play.
Annalee 10:39 AM 01-07-2016
When I go, I will sometimes loudly call a child's name and say "johnny, did you finish your puzzle" or "susie, are you cleaning up the blocks you used"....when I come out, they say "ms. xxxx, how did you see us?" I tell them I have eyes everywhere
Controlled Chaos 11:16 AM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by Annalee:
When I go, I will sometimes loudly call a child's name and say "johnny, did you finish your puzzle" or "susie, are you cleaning up the blocks you used"....when I come out, they say "ms. xxxx, how did you see us?" I tell them I have eyes everywhere

Ariana 12:27 PM 01-07-2016
I leave the door open
Nisaryn 11:56 PM 01-08-2016
Originally Posted by KristinsHomeCC:

Babies go into their Pack-n-Plays, older kids get to sit with a book or toys, I usually take my son with me or put him in a P-n-P as well. I leave the door open so I can hear them. My down stairs bathroom opens directly into the play area so it works out perfectly. They are all 1yr and under so usually the P-n-Ps are my best option but with the door open I can still hear and see them around the corner if I lean forwards, LOL.
Controlled Chaos 11:54 AM 01-09-2016
For some reason lately I only use the bathroom when a parent is dropping off or picking up... not as in the parent is watching the kids, but as in I am in the restroom and parent arrives to room of toddlers playing alone The bathroom is connected, if I leave the door open a crack I can see them in the mirror and hollar "put the blocks away if you are done!" or "Sally, Joe had that first" which keeps them in line. Parents always comment how impressed they are at the children's behavior but I am always mortified hollaring from the toilet "Hello! I'll be right there!" My body hates me
rosieteddy 07:57 AM 01-11-2016
There is no way I would leave the door open if I was in bathroom.Parents would have to wait.If I had to I would put a note "call I'll be right there".Kids I would put in pack and plays.
KristinsHomeCC 08:00 AM 01-11-2016
Oh my GOODNESS some of these got me right in the funny bone this morning! Haha!
Reply Up