Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCG's Great Day
mamamanda 07:03 PM 02-27-2018
My 6 mo dcg has pretty much cried non stop since Christmas. Some one on this forum suggested it might be a milk allergy, but dcm was hesitant to explore that b/c she breastfeeds & didn't think she could successfully cut out dairy herself.

We've been through an overnight stay in the hospital, 5 Dr visits, antibiotics, acid reflux meds (help a little), & I've even sat & cried with her.

Last week I talked with Mom again & she decided to start her on probiotics & a dairy free formula. She came in happy as can be yesterday. She played in the floor, rolled around, laughed & cooed, interacted with the kids on the floor nearby, just genuinely pleasant all day. Today, same thing! I'm praying this lasts! She is so happy & content!! I took pics of her for her mom all day yesterday b/c it was just so awesome to see her happy & smiling! Thank you so much to the poster who suggested the dairy issue!
Michael 12:27 AM 02-28-2018
That's great. This forum is providing remedies that work!
Ac114 05:37 AM 02-28-2018
I’m glad that she’s feeling better and you guys were able to find a solution for her.

On a side note: why would mom not want to try and cut dairy if it helped her baby. I breastfeed and had to cut dairy as well. This is coming from a person who drinks about a half gallon a milk a day. It was instant results and my babe was feeling much better!
mamamanda 07:58 AM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by Ac114:
I’m glad that she’s feeling better and you guys were able to find a solution for her.

On a side note: why would mom not want to try and cut dairy if it helped her baby. I breastfeed and had to cut dairy as well. This is coming from a person who drinks about a half gallon a milk a day. It was instant results and my babe was feeling much better!
I felt the same way, but she explained that her husband does all of their cooking & he's very set in his ways. She was concerned she would have to cook an entirely different meal from him most nights. They do a lot of cheesy meals.
Also, this baby has cried around the clock rarely sleeping more than an an hour at a time for months on end now. She didn't want to spend time experimenting with cheese, milk, yogurt, etc to find out exactly what she's allergic to if the formula was an instant fix. Poor baby has hurt long enough!

It was hard for me though. I'm about the most pro breastfeeding person I know. It about killed me to recommend formula, but if she couldn't successfully cut dairy herself then it needed to be done.
mamamanda 08:00 AM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by Michael:
That's great. This forum is providing remedies that work!
Yes!! This forum has been a life saver for me & for the kids in my care. I love it here!
Baby Beluga 08:29 AM 02-28-2018
Awwww! So happy little one is doing better
Tags:dairy free, milk allergy, probiotics
Reply Up