Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interviewed new family today..
CedarCreek 06:53 AM 05-15-2013
5 month old baby girl.

I'm not real big on taking infants right now but I wanted to feel them out in case I didn't get any other call backs.

Dad came with 3 sheets of questions printed out! That was intimidating but apparently I answered most of them before he had a chance to ask anyway!

A couple of red flags though:

Dad works from home but for some reason Mom has to pick baby up after work near 6? okay..

Dad was also worried because I don't have an assistant. I mentioned that I hardly ever close due to being sick but if I did,I wouldn't charge them because they would have to find another provider for the day. He mentioned that wouldn't be fair to them or his work....? Uh, sorry dude. Its going to happen one day. People get sick.

We will see...Mom seemed nice and baby is as cute as can be.
mbullette 07:54 AM 05-15-2013
What is he going to do when she goes to school and it closes for bad weather? Not sure where you live but still. Some parents just dont have a clue.
CedarCreek 09:25 AM 05-15-2013
That's what I was thinking!

We are prone to hurricanes around here!
LaLa1923 09:32 AM 05-15-2013
geez, you think he'd be happy you wouldn't be charging for closing!! See, that's why I do charge. (one reason) Some parents don't care either way.

That's also why I have a section in my phb for back up care!

I hope everything works out for you!!
WoodOx 09:46 AM 05-15-2013
seriously, what the heck...
does he think he and his wife are immune to sickness...
and about when baby gets sick? will he think its ok to bring her. some parents just dont get it
Unregistered 09:54 AM 05-15-2013
2 BIG red flags:

1 - You do not want to take care of infants...
2 - Dad already thinks you are being unfair to them...

Pass this one...
Reply Up