Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Poop!
Unregistered 08:54 AM 11-24-2014
What's normal? How many times a day would be considered "normal" for a child to have a bm? I have one dck2 who goes sometimes 5/6 times a day. And that's girls here! She does it at home to. Just about every bum chance she is poppy and I mean a full diaper, but never a solid bm it's always always soft. Is this normal? I've never had such a poppy kid before!
Laurel 08:59 AM 11-24-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
What's normal? How many times a day would be considered "normal" for a child to have a bm? I have one dck2 who goes sometimes 5/6 times a day. And that's girls here! She does it at home to. Just about every bum chance she is poppy and I mean a full diaper, but never a solid bm it's always always soft. Is this normal? I've never had such a poppy kid before!
That's too much. When I had problems like that I would just adjust down the amount of fiber I was giving them. Less fruits, veggies, whole grains, etc. Maybe add some more protein.

Laurel
Unregistered 09:02 AM 11-24-2014
Originally Posted by Laurel:
That's too much. When I had problems like that I would just adjust down the amount of fiber I was giving them. Less fruits, veggies, whole grains, etc. Maybe add some more protein.

Laurel
I've mentioned it to dcm and she doesn't think it's an issue, I'd be super worried if it was my child.
Meyou 09:40 AM 11-24-2014
That's not normal to me. I've had a couple of kids that go 2-3 times per day but they were big eaters and very regular. You could almost set a clock by their movements.
Shell 09:44 AM 11-24-2014
I had two dcg's like this, and I absolutely agree it's too many! My dcm wasn't concerned either. I would have been at the dr office to see if it was diet, digestion, etc. One was finally diagnosed with failure to thrive and the other one was a large baby that ate anything in sight Agree with changing diet to see if you notice any changes.
nothingwithoutjoy 09:46 AM 11-24-2014
At 3 months old, my daughter pooped 7-8 times a day (same as your girl, since surely she goes some at home, too). I didn't know to be concerned, but her pediatrician was. She tested her and found blood in her poop--which turned out to be caused by a dairy allergy. I'd definitely recommend talking with the pediatrician.
Unregistered 10:45 AM 11-24-2014
I have a 3.5yo who had the same problem. I cut her juice intake right down (from whenever as per moms instructions) to watered down with meals only and only a small amount. She went from 4-5 bms per day to one a day or occasionally 2. She is potty trained, but I still have to do bum wipes, so I am thrilled.
Reply Up