Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Center Time
sariejohnston 10:00 AM 07-24-2014
Hello, We do center time in the afternoons the only problem I am noticing the classroom I am working does not have a lot of options, they have big wooden blocks, big cars and little cars, toy animals, kitchen area (but not a lot of pretend food), some sorting objects, books, magnets, dress up clothes, baby dolls, legos and other connect blocks, mr potato head, some literacy and counting puzzles and that's about all they have.

My class gets bored pretty fast during center time, I always try to do some type of sensory activity during center time, I have made home made playdoh, they play with shaving cream or foam, or I fill one of the toy bins with water for water play. but the Kids fight over who goes to the sensory center first I only allow two to three people at the sensory tables at once. but all the other centers have three to four people (depending on the size of my class that day)

How Can I keep kids busy and happy during center time, if they are not at the sensory table?
How do I eliminate children going to one activity to the next?

I can also use some activities ideas that are fun for the kids.. My age group is 4-5 year old Preschool (low in cost, something I can make, or the preschool might already have) Thanks! I have pinterest and Have some ideas but it's always great to hear feedback from others and what they do in their classroom!
Up