Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What's The Oddest Item Your DCK's Fight Over?
Rockgirl 11:04 AM 09-28-2017
There's probably some random object in every daycare that is the coveted item.

Here, I have a set of toy metal pots & pans in the play kitchen, and there's one particular lid every child wants to possess. I've had to remove it before, because a physical altercation broke out.

They don't even play with it. They all just know they want it.
LostMyMarbles 11:15 AM 09-28-2017
The footstool...why?
LostMyMarbles 11:16 AM 09-28-2017
Oh yea...there is this one tiny piece of light blue crayon
storybookending 11:21 AM 09-28-2017
The little blue and green babies from the dollhouse. They get hid sometimes. Not as bad as it used to be.

The grumpy bear care bear.

Currently there's a racecar book on the shelf that's been a subject of "mine mine mine" but the car that goes with it was in a mouth yesterday so I took it away to wash it so it's still "drying".

This time last year it was the "boy" baby doll. One of our little girls had just gotten a new brother and since she only wanted to play with the "boy" doll every one else followed.
daycarediva 11:24 AM 09-28-2017
A random red counting bear that happens to have a backpack. The rest do not, of course.

He's currently "missing". A missing poster was made. It's hung up in the art room.

Josiegirl 03:06 PM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
A random red counting bear that happens to have a backpack. The rest do not, of course.

He's currently "missing". A missing poster was made. It's hung up in the art room.

That's brilliant!
sahm1225 03:50 PM 10-17-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

Omg, we have a missing Olaf poster too!! Olaf went to the laundry and never came back (code for he's put away with the blankets until they forget and don't fight over it!)
momofsix 11:25 AM 09-28-2017
One tiny little white scoop in the sandbox. One of at least 20 scoops or shovels...they all run to try to get it first.
Baby Beluga 11:41 AM 09-28-2017
A yellow toy train in our vehicle bin. Everyone wants it....then they just hold it.
laundrymom 12:24 PM 09-28-2017
The hiding spot under the lego/train table. They will stack two high three deep in there!
Rockgirl 12:46 PM 09-28-2017
Mine once fought over an imaginary ball. They'd been "throwing" it back and forth, and a child claimed to have caught it. The problem was, another child also said he'd caught it. It got ugly.

Kids!!
Josiegirl 03:05 PM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Mine once fought over an imaginary ball. They'd been "throwing" it back and forth, and a child claimed to have caught it. The problem was, another child also said he'd caught it. It got ugly.

Kids!!
LOL Yep, I can picture that happening!
BumbleBee 04:41 PM 09-28-2017
Play food potato chip.
HappyEverAfter 06:35 PM 09-28-2017
My lap. Doesn't matter if a child is happily playing on the other side of the room, if they see me holding another child the tantrums (throw themselves on the floor, wailing and kicking the ground) ensue immediately. I have one DCG who will literally climb on top of another child (like foot to the face climbing) trying to get into my lap. Even my 5mth DCG has started screaming with outstretched arms if she sees me holding another child. It's ridiculous.
CeriBear 04:36 AM 09-29-2017
The little red fire truck. They do fine with the big one but the little one causes problems almost every day.
Rockgirl 10:54 AM 09-29-2017
As for the going first for doing things, we have a rotation. Every day is someone's day....they're first for everything if it's their day. Washing hands, choosing a spot at the table, turning on the light after nap (this one is a HUGE deal here), everything that involves having a turn or choosing something. We go in order of the cubbies--they know whose day it will be tomorrow, the next day, and so on. It has solved a lot of problems.
Britt507 12:18 PM 10-17-2017
The issue we have with the DCK's fighting over is being first. First in line, first to wash, first to have snack, etc.

Being first stopped being an issue with one girl, who now wants to be the caboose every time. It's always something to do with the line. It is what it is.
Tags:fighting over toys, objectification
Reply Up