Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sign For The Front Door?
newtodaycare22 10:55 AM 07-18-2011
I think I've seen a simliar post months ago but I can't find it with the search engine...

Does anyone have signs for the front door with things like:
Open
Closed
Kids Napping
At the park?

I'd love templates or ideas. thanks!
WImom 10:57 AM 07-18-2011
I do. I printed small signs on cardstock and used contact paper over them. I then put the a piece of velcro on the back and then another piece of velcro right above my doorbell (so the sign covers it). It has worked great. The signs even stayed up during winter and it's been almost a year and they are still in great condition.

I just used clip art and then put what I wanted it to say under it.
laundrymom 11:03 AM 07-18-2011
I have a magnetic dry erase board that I use.
Pammie 11:14 AM 07-18-2011
I only have two that I use.

I found little chalkboards at the craft store, and painted the lettering with white paint pen so it looks like chalk:-) I attached magnets to the back and just pop one on the door when appropriate.

One says, "We're Around Back" with an arrow pointing to the side of the house with the access gate - for when we're playing outside.

My second one says, "Shhhh - Children Napping. You wake 'em, you take 'em"
dEHmom 11:24 AM 07-18-2011
I have been considering a color coded system to say we are not home, we are in the backyard and napping.

That way there I don't feel like I'm announcing to the neighborhood, "HEY WE'RE IN THE BACKYARD, FEEL FREE TO COME IN THE FRONT DOOR OR WINDOW!"
littlemissmuffet 11:27 AM 07-18-2011
I have a sign on my door that stays up year round asking not to ring the doorbell at certain times M-F (nap times). When we're at the park or in the back yard I just clip a note saying that onto a magnetic clip and stick it on the door (our door is magnetic).
Michael 01:25 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
I think I've seen a simliar post months ago but I can't find it with the search engine...
Not sure if these are the threads you were looking for. I searched in the TAGs section:

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12247

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20227
spud912 01:55 PM 07-18-2011
I have a post-it permanently taped to the top of my doorbell that reads "Please knock, little one sleeping." My husband put it up and I never took it off. With children of all ages, we only have approximately 4 1/2 hours a day where there is nobody napping (and it's usually from 8 to 10 am and 5 to 7:30 pm. Our house is small enough that I can hear the knock for the most part. I don't really pay attention to it outside of when I am expecting someone because I don't open for people I don't know and we don't get many visitors we do know.
Tags:door signs, signs
Reply Up