Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>VPK Florida
Bugsworthy 10:44 AM 04-18-2013
Does anyone know how much the Provider is paid per child for VPK in Florida?

We are considering applying for the VPK program for our facility. The facility already has all of the qualifications it needs. I want to see if it is financially worth the hassle.

Thanks
slpender 11:17 AM 04-18-2013
Not sure what county you are in I am in Lee county and it is around $2400.00 per child for the school year Aug-May.
Bugsworthy 11:23 AM 04-18-2013
Sarasota. So, that's approx. $58 per week. Then you would charge the parent for wrap around care, if they wanted the child to stay past noon?

Some of the Head Start programs offer a scholarship to stay past noon. How do they afford that?
slpender 11:59 AM 04-18-2013
Head start is income based so I am sure that the money comes from some kind of grant. The price for wrap around care in my area Ft. Myers ranges from $75-$100 a week at the centers depending on the hours. I am a family child care so I do not offer VPK right now because you have to have at least 4 4 year olds.
Bugsworthy 11:31 AM 05-16-2013
Originally Posted by slpender:
Head start is income based so I am sure that the money comes from some kind of grant. The price for wrap around care in my area Ft. Myers ranges from $75-$100 a week at the centers depending on the hours. I am a family child care so I do not offer VPK right now because you have to have at least 4 4 year olds.
Thank you!
Reply Up