Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Easter Egg Hunt
Christina72684 11:54 AM 04-14-2014
Does anyone do them? Do you put stuff in the eggs? Do you supply the baskets/buckets? Do you have kids find certain colors or any?

Last year we did our first. Each kid could only find their color (we had 6 kids and 6 colors so it worked out perfectly). There was no candy but they were still excited.

This year I had 8 kids and parents are donating candy. We bought generic buckets at Walmart for 97 cents but I'm not sure if we'll keep them or just let the kids take them home. And not sure if we should let the kids open the eggs at the daycare or at home. We have one girl that leaves after lunch so we'll have to do this before lunch. I thought maybe we could let them open one egg and eat one piece of candy after they eat all their food.
jenboo 12:03 PM 04-14-2014
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
Does anyone do them? Do you put stuff in the eggs? Do you supply the baskets/buckets? Do you have kids find certain colors or any?

Last year we did our first. Each kid could only find their color (we had 6 kids and 6 colors so it worked out perfectly). There was no candy but they were still excited.

This year I had 8 kids and parents are donating candy. We bought generic buckets at Walmart for 97 cents but I'm not sure if we'll keep them or just let the kids take them home. And not sure if we should let the kids open the eggs at the daycare or at home. We have one girl that leaves after lunch so we'll have to do this before lunch. I thought maybe we could let them open one egg and eat one piece of candy after they eat all their food.
I am going to an easter egg hunt! We are doing it this friday at pick up time.
I love the color idea! Ill do that for my older DCKs and let the little ones just grab eggs and then make sure everyone has the same amount. I plan to stuff them with fruit snacks and stickers.
UnregisteredMe 12:09 PM 04-14-2014
When I have an older crowd, I put names on items, but just initials for younger kids.

When my whole group trends younger, I group each item together (egg with stickers & candy all together in one corner, boxes of crayons hiding under a bucket in the sand table, balls with names on them in the big tire, etc.) and we "hunt" together. When we find something, each child knows to "take ONE "

One year we found an egg labeled "Eddie" hiding in the play area. Eddie hadn't been there for two years
TickleMonster 12:11 PM 04-14-2014
We are not doing a hunt this year but have in the past. We filled plastic eggs with candy and hid them all over the backyard. We bought cheap buckets and easter stickers and let them decorate their own buckets. Then we took them out and seperated into groups by age. The kids did not eat any of the candy here since we do not do sugar but they took their baskets and candy home to share with their families.
WImom 01:12 PM 04-14-2014
I have all of the parents bring in 10 eggs filled. I hide them in the yard before daycare that morning and then each child gets to find 10 eggs. After they find 10 they can help the younger kids find more or if someone has more than 10 I just swap them out so it's even. The kids then can spread out around the room and open the eggs. I usually let them have something from one egg and the rest go home.

The kids decorate a white lunch bag with markers and easter stickers for their "Basket". I have also done sand pails in the past. But I opted for cheap this year.
Josiegirl 03:39 PM 04-14-2014
I've always filled eggs in the past but this year, I'm putting slips of paper in the eggs. Some will tell them to act out actions and some will have a number written on it. The numbers are for how many pieces of candy they get to pick.

Today they all made Jelly Bean Gardens. Not sure if I saw the idea on here or pinterest or where but it's so cute. We put potting soil as a first layer, then added a few jelly beans, then covered with Easter grass. In a couple days there'll be Easter lollipops that have grown. The kids acted doubtful but I told them they were magical jelly beans and they made sure to water them and put them in the sun.
daycare 03:55 PM 04-14-2014
we will make easter baskets from brown paper bags. we use poster board to cut out a handle. the kids paint them, put stickers on them etc.

we will dye eggs on thrusday and I filled eggs with toys, tattoos and stickers.

each child can find 10 plastic eggs with their name on it. 12 hardboiled eggs with their names on it.

I have been doing this for 10 years and each year it seems to get more fun.

we also do a Easter Bunny training camp with obstacles, puzzles and award ceremony at the end for all the graduates of the training camp. Each child is awarded their bunny ears. Once through the training camp they are now ready to hunt eggs. This year we have someone coming dressed as the easter bunny. I am hoping the kids don't freak out....lol
Sunshine74 09:12 PM 04-14-2014
We actually do our big hunt on a weekend. We have the kids decorate white paper bags and then we hunt. Afterwards we have treats. It is a nice opportunity for the parents who wouldn't otherwise meet get to know each other.

During the week, we will be hunting for eggs (just empty ones for fun), dying hard boiled eggs, and we are having our party on Thursday. We make Easter baskets as a project, and then the Easter Bunny comes while they are napping on party day, and they get a small chocolate bunny, and some jelly beans in their basket.
Second Home 03:34 AM 04-15-2014
We will be doing a egg hunt of Friday . Each child will have a colored paper
bag , they have to match the egg color to the color of their bag . I will have some stickers ,tattoos , bracelets etc.. in the eggs and a box of peeps to take home .
Tags:easter - egg hunt
Reply Up