Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Don't Sweat The Small Stuff...
Childminder 11:33 AM 06-10-2014
...this is not so small.

Well, I kept thinking things will get a bit better financially with all the school agers here for summer. I guess I have another thing coming.

Dcg 5 parents give notice yesterday, found someone closer, a SAHM providing care for 1/2 of my rate.

Two parents inform me that their daughters are going to summer school for 6 weeks over the summer and one of those will spend the rest of summer at grandma's, the other also has 2 weeks of vacation they are going to the Smoky Mountains.

And last, at least I hope, dcg 7 is moving about 40 minutes away in mid July cause dad is graduating and has a new job. This family has been with me 7 years and they just started trying to have a baby so I lost the baby too.

This sucks. Everyone please send me some full time kids mojo or prayers or something.
Blackcat31 11:42 AM 06-10-2014
Sending good wishes and thoughts your way!

Keep the faith Childminder... Sometimes it is the only thing that helps.

melilley 12:09 PM 06-10-2014
Sending kids your way...
WImom 12:54 PM 06-10-2014
Hope you get lots of kids soon!!
spud912 02:06 PM 06-10-2014
Ugh....when it rains it pours! Good luck and I hope there is a flood of new families inquiring soon!
Tdhmom 03:00 PM 06-10-2014
Come to our little town! Many people needing care and not enough providers. I turn people away and I'm not even full. I just can't handle anymore kids (cough, cough, I don't want to add to my mix...totally burnt out).
Mom o Col 03:07 PM 06-10-2014
I've learned it can be feast or famine. When I'm in a famine I get so afraid it will never pick up again then suddenly I'm getting more calls than I can handle. I know it will be the same for your. It will be ok.
coolconfidentme 03:45 PM 06-10-2014
THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!! I recently termed a hitter/biter, his sister went with him. That same week I lost 2 long term kids. (one moving, other lost a job) 4 kids in one week. UGH!!! I kept my chin up & posted open enrollment. In two weeks I replaced them & have 2 more!!!

GO OUT & SHINE...., YOU GOT THIS!!!
Tags:bad economy, losing spots, money problems
Reply Up