Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I know it's Only Thursday....
Rockgirl 12:19 PM 10-27-2016
I'm already dreaming of the weekend.

What are you all doing this weekend? I'm being taught (with a few other friends) to make tamales on Saturday. Last year we learned to assemble and steam them, but this time we will each cook our own meat and learn the whole process. Well each leave with several dozen tamales for the freezer, too. Can't wait!

We're also planning to go to a Halloween party Saturday night. Sunday I'll do some cleaning and organizing in the playroom. That's about it for me!
Heart12 12:23 PM 10-27-2016
I feel like I'm clawing my way to the weekend

Saturday we are going to the pumpkin patch & Sunday Im going to make up some sugar cookie dough for the kiddos to make "monster cookies" with on Monday. My group is tiny, so we wont be doing a Halloween party this year. Tomorrow is Friday!!
Blackcat31 12:23 PM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:

What are you all doing this weekend? I'm being taught (with a few other friends) to make tamales on Saturday. Last year we learned to assemble and steam them, but this time we will each cook our own meat and learn the whole process. Well each leave with several dozen tamales for the freezer, too. Can't wait!

We're also planning to go to a Halloween party Saturday night. Sunday I'll do some cleaning and organizing in the playroom. That's about it for me!
My Friday's are super quiet so I am definitely looking forward to it!

DH's and my weekend plans include driving an hour away to have lunch with both my kids and a little shopping.

We will probably be finishing up with the last of the yard work before snow flies on Sunday and then super excited because I have Monday off!!!!!!! so there's that!!

Hoping you have a fabulous weekend and that Friday is swift and quick for you!
Rockgirl 12:29 PM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My Friday's are super quiet so I am definitely looking forward to it!

DH's and my weekend plans include driving an hour away to have lunch with both my kids and a little shopping.

We will probably be finishing up with the last of the yard work before snow flies on Sunday and then super excited because I have Monday off!!!!!!! so there's that!!

Hoping you have a fabulous weekend and that Friday is swift and quick for you!
Sounds like a great weekend! And extra nice having a 3-day birthday weekend.

It's been a good week here, but I always welcome the weekend!
Rockgirl 12:30 PM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by Heart12:
I feel like I'm clawing my way to the weekend

Saturday we are going to the pumpkin patch & Sunday Im going to make up some sugar cookie dough for the kiddos to make "monster cookies" with on Monday. My group is tiny, so we wont be doing a Halloween party this year. Tomorrow is Friday!!
That sounds fun!
DaveA 12:32 PM 10-27-2016
Spending a good part of Saturday in my shop creating sparks and playing with fire. After that DW and I will probably do all the packing for her race next weekend. We leave Wednesday after we get our kids on the bus. We both hate last minute rush packing, so we tend to do it early.

Sunday taking kids to the local zoo for trick or treating.
sharlan 12:51 PM 10-27-2016
CHILLING OUT! I am looking forward to doing nothing.

This has been a long, long week. It started out with our water heater springing a leak all over the playroom, which is still out of commission. My MRI on Monday didn't help. Now tv/cable/internet issues.
Baby Beluga 01:01 PM 10-27-2016
I have been consistently one day ahead of myself this week so it is draggggggging by

We have a busy few days.

Tonight DD and I are going to this enchanted pumpkin garden. A local artist carved very interesting designs and faces into pumpkins and they are scattered throughout a garden. It is right up our alley (and free!) so we are going to check it out tonight.

Friday evening is our community's local business trunk or treat event. I think I am going to take DD. I was hoping to participate but it starts at 4 and my last child doesn't leave until 4:30pm. It was not a worthy enough event to close early for.

Saturday morning DD has dance class. Afterward it's home for lunch and a nap then to my in-laws for DH's aunt's birthday celebration. DH is staying home to work on cleaning and organizing the garage. I will happily be the "family appearance" person if it means I get out of cleaning the garage

Sunday is "my day" where DD stays home with DH and I run errands for a few hours.
Baby Beluga 01:02 PM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:

This sounds like so much fun!
midaycare 01:11 PM 10-27-2016
Saturday we are taking ds to a trunk or treat, and Sunday is for raking. Fall is a lot of work for us with all the woods.
Controlled Chaos 01:45 PM 10-27-2016
Today was strange quiet and I kept having to remind myself it wasn't Friday yet

Tomorrow night DH and I have a date night. Kids are all sleeping at Grandmas. We are a little short on fun money this late in the month (lots of unexpected expenses - but paid off the furnace finally!) so we are going to go grocery shopping and watch the cubs game at home. But it will be nice to have some quiet time together

Lots of little family Halloween activities with the kids this weekend.
Blackcat31 01:46 PM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Saturday we are taking ds to a trunk or treat, and Sunday is for raking. Fall is a lot of work for us with all the woods.
Now that our kids have left home and we realize that we (my DH and I) are too lazy, old or busy to keep up with all the yard work, my DH caved and bought one of those yard vacuums...so no more raking!!! BEST purchase ever!

Like this:

Boymom 01:49 PM 10-27-2016
Going to a wedding and I'm going to take my kids to some Halloween activities! I love fall!
Kimskiddos 01:50 PM 10-27-2016
We are going RV camping at a great family friendly resort. So the Halloween festivities will be pretty fun.

I made a giant Frankenstein face for the front of my trailer (8'x5') out of a plastic table cloth and craft foam. Can't wait to hang it up! I have a bunch of pumpkins to carve and our friends in their RV and us in ours will totally spook out our campsites. It should be fun.
Attached: FrankenRV.jpg (101.1 KB) 
Boymom 01:50 PM 10-27-2016
Now that our kids have left home and we realize that we (my DH and I) are too lazy, old or busy to keep up with all the yard work, my DH caved and bought one of those yard vacuums...so no more raking!!! BEST purchase ever!

Like this:

That is awesome!
Snowmom 01:56 PM 10-27-2016
I am definitely looking into a leaf vacuum. How cool.

I can.not.wait for this week to be over.

But, we have a trunk or treat event Saturday and I've made up about 100 treat bags with my business info, so I'm basically working anyway. Just with sugar.
daycarediva 01:57 PM 10-27-2016
Awesome! We have a ton of red maples and I thought that was bad. The new house is allllll wooded. I'm not even going to bother raking!

This weekend is all halloween activities. Can't wait! I love Halloween!
Rockgirl 02:10 PM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos:
We are going RV camping at a great family friendly resort. So the Halloween festivities will be pretty fun.

I made a giant Frankenstein face for the front of my trailer (8'x5') out of a plastic table cloth and craft foam. Can't wait to hang it up! I have a bunch of pumpkins to carve and our friends in their RV and us in ours will totally spook out our campsites. It should be fun.
That is awesome!
Controlled Chaos 03:00 PM 10-27-2016

Like this:

We have zero trees in the front...couldn't figure out how we had so many leaves to rake until I caught DD (6) carrying armfuls of leaves from the neighbors yards and dumping them on ours stinker
midaycare 03:30 PM 10-27-2016

Like this:

Okay wow. So does it attach to a ride on mower?
Josiegirl 03:35 PM 10-27-2016
Tomorrow is going to be crazy busy in dc, trying to cook and rearrange our playroom to fit 22 people, with 5 lil ones underfoot. So I'm not planning anything extra, except I do have to take an online class so I am able to take a required 3 hr. course in Nov. It's always something related to daycare.
Pepperth 03:03 AM 10-28-2016
Halloween bash tonight, corn maze tomorrow. Hopefully some yard work mixed in.
Play Care 03:16 AM 10-28-2016
Happy Early Birthday, BC!

Tonight after I bring my kiddos to piano lessons we have to get older dd a costume for Halloween. Nothing like waiting until the last minute

Tomorrow, I am sleeping in. Other than that, no plans

Sunday, church and town Halloween parade.
Blackcat31 05:58 AM 10-28-2016
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Okay wow. So does it attach to a ride on mower?
Yep, attaches to any regular ride on lawn mower.

Folds up nice and neat too for easy storage.
Reply Up