Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How/When Do You Guys Bill For DC?
Dsquared 06:31 AM 02-22-2011
When/how do you guys bill your DC clients? Right now, my wife bills on Monday for that week's care (she only has 4 kids). One of the parents asked to pay on Friday after the child has been in care for the week and she's been doing it for several months.

The Monday thing has gotten to be a bit of a pain as sometimes one or two of the kids won't come, then she is stuck waiting an extra day for her money and then she's waiting until Friday for the other parent to pay.

When do you guys collect payment?
Lilbutterflie 06:36 AM 02-22-2011
I collect payment on Monday for that week's care. NO WAY would I agree to let them pay on Friday for the previous week! You gotta pay before you play!

It's also in my contract that if they are sick on payday, they still need to drop off payment prior to noon. If payday falls on a holiday, or if they knowingly will be gone on payday, I remind them that payment is due the Friday before.
My Daycare 06:43 AM 02-22-2011
I send an invoice on Friday & Payment is due Monday morning.
marniewon 06:44 AM 02-22-2011
I changed my paydate to Friday (or last day of care for the week) for the following week of care. If child is not there on payday, parents either drop off a check that day or they get fees added to the pay until it is paid.

I agree with PP who said no way would I allow payment AFTER the week of care. Way too easy for someone to skip out and not pay you.

I was charging on Mondays for that week's care, but had a family who seemed to miss a lot of Mondays.
Little People 06:49 AM 02-22-2011
My parents pay on Friday's for the next week. I will not accept any other day than this. If a child is not here on Friday, the parent is required to STILL come by pay their daycare fees! My contract says that if fees are not paid on Friday, then a late fee of $10.00 per child per day will be due on Monday. So if a parent has 2 children then the late fee would be $40.00 DUE ON MONDAY. I do not allow the parents to come on the weekend, this is my time and daycare is closed on weekends

I have never had any trouble with payments because I cover this 3 times in my interviews.
angelpayne24 06:50 AM 02-22-2011
My contract states:
"Payments are to be paid in advance. Fees are due on Friday each week for the following week of care. If this day is a holiday, payment is expected on the previous day. If payment is not received by Monday morning, your child will not be accepted into care until payment has been made."
Autismworld 06:59 AM 02-22-2011
I get paid on the first day of care for the week, which is typically Monday for all of my families. If a child is out on Monday I do not make the parent come by and still pay me that day.

I did have families in the past that paid me on Fridays, when they needed this option I had them pay on Friday for the next week... so in the end it worked for both myself and the family.
nannyde 07:05 AM 02-22-2011
I get paid on Friday for the upcoming week. If their last day of care in a week is not Friday then they pay for the upcoming week on their last day of care for that week.

I do not give out bills or monthly receipts. I just do one receipt a year.
Blackcat31 08:03 AM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by marniewon:
I changed my paydate to Friday (or last day of care for the week) for the following week of care. If child is not there on payday, parents either drop off a check that day or they get fees added to the pay until it is paid.

I agree with PP who said no way would I allow payment AFTER the week of care. Way too easy for someone to skip out and not pay you.

I was charging on Mondays for that week's care, but had a family who seemed to miss a lot of Mondays.
Originally Posted by Little People:
My parents pay on Friday's for the next week. I will not accept any other day than this. If a child is not here on Friday, the parent is required to STILL come by pay their daycare fees! My contract says that if fees are not paid on Friday, then a late fee of $10.00 per child per day will be due on Monday. So if a parent has 2 children then the late fee would be $40.00 DUE ON MONDAY. I do not allow the parents to come on the weekend, this is my time and daycare is closed on weekends

I have never had any trouble with payments because I cover this 3 times in my interviews.
I do the exact same thing as Marniewon and Little People. No play/No Play and I also charge a late fee of $5 per day per child (weekends included) like Little People. Since changing to this method about 3 years ago, I have not had one single problem with payments from families. I have collected a few late fees but no issues like ihad when I charged AFTER care was provided.

IMPO, charging AFTER care is provided is like asking to be short changed and getting all the issues that come with that method.
jen 09:01 AM 02-22-2011
Friday for the following week. I used to do the Friday for the week just ended, but I did end up getting burned once, so that was that.
Live and Learn 09:07 AM 02-22-2011
Pay to play ONLY!!!!
I get paid the first daycare day of the month for the entire month.
Love it!
lil angels 09:09 AM 02-22-2011
I get paid on Thursday for the week in care I am thinking I may do the week ahead thing to I haven't had any prob with it though yet. I like Thursday's because then I can get to the bank before the weekend and if we are going somewhere we don't need to worry about getting to the bank first.
newtodaycare22 09:10 AM 02-22-2011
I get paid up front as well, but my schedule varies according to families. Some of my fulltimers pay me every Monday and some Tuesday (I'm flexible depending on their paychecks). I have part timers that pay on Wednesday and Thursday, so almost everyday is pay day. lol
MommyMuffin 09:21 AM 02-22-2011
I'm not as strict as pp's but I require payment on friday before care and if they arent their on friday I will take it on monday. If not brought monday then I remind them at p/u and drop off. If it is not brought tuesday then I mention a late fee. Nobody has ever paid on tuesday. Mostly they all pay on friday.

I am not as strict because for example if one of my dcp stayed home with sick dck I would never expect them to drag their sick child out to drive to my house. Things come up and parents are juggling a lot of things too.

If I have someone who doesnt pay on friday all the time then I would tighten my rules for that dcp. But I have had great dcps thus far.

I only do a receipt once a year. If they would like them every week I would give them but I have found that they do not want them.
DCMomOf3 09:34 AM 02-22-2011
I collect on Friday for the next week. That way I have my money in advance and I don't have to turn kids away that moment if the parents forget.
littlemissmuffet 09:51 AM 02-22-2011
Pay before you play here too - NO EXCEPTIONS! Parents pay on the 1st of each service month for the whole month of care. Should the 1st fall on a weekend, parents are to pay on the Friday immediately proceeding the weekend. If children are absent on the 1st of the month, parents are still required to drop off payment for the 1st. Every day that payment is late a $10 late fee is required (cash only). On the third day of payment being late, the child is not accepted into the daycare until the month's care fee and late fees are paid in full.
I only give monthly receipts if requested (nobody ever has), otherwise I give a tax receipt at the end of each year of their total child care fees paid.
kendallina 10:02 AM 02-22-2011
My parents pay the last day of the month for the following month (for preschool). I have a few families that need to pay weekly, so they pay the Friday before the week. No pay, no stay!
littlemonkeys 10:03 AM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I get paid on Friday for the upcoming week. If their last day of care in a week is not Friday then they pay for the upcoming week on their last day of care for that week.

I do not give out bills or monthly receipts. I just do one receipt a year.
This is exactly what I do!! However, I have one family that pays me 4 weeks ahead of time and she sometimes forgets when payment is due so I will invoice her the day before it's due as a kind reminder.
Unregistered 11:46 AM 02-22-2011
Friday for the following week. If Friday is not their last day of care for the week then it is due Thursday or whatever the last day of care is the week previous.

I cash all checks on Saturday. Parents are paid for the next week. This has helped me catch a few bad checks before I was out two weeks of care.

I do not bill weekly. I only proivide yr end statements. Assistance clients get a text each Thursday of their copay for the next Friday and also get a bill on that Friday if any due is remaining (from what the county could not/would not pay). That amount is due before care Monday so I know before I do care they are good for it.
grandmom 12:25 PM 02-22-2011
Monthly on the 1st.
daycare 12:38 PM 02-22-2011
I use mmk regilously..

I email everything..

I send them a bill at the end of the month for the month following. It is their choice how they pay it.

If they pay monthly, they get a 5% discount and I email them the rcpt upon payment.

If they pay weekly, no discount and i do not give them a rcpt until the end of the month when the account is paid in full.

all payments are made one month in advance or one week in advance.
happykidschildcare 12:42 PM 02-22-2011
All my families have been with me so long they pay every friday and I havent had any trouble with it, if someone forgets its a $15 a day lc and I count everyday til they pay and they arent allowed back to care monday if they dont bring a check. New clients I have them pay A $50 enrollment fee and 1 week tuition before they start, that way your never shorted if they decide to bail.
Tags:billing, billing times
Reply Up