Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Late Fee??
ashley9427 11:14 AM 05-09-2012
How much do you charge if a child isnt picked up by closing time?? and is it per minute? per 5 minutes? im just trying to be fair, but also let people know its not acceptable. i charge $100 per week. for normal rate.
Blackcat31 11:15 AM 05-09-2012
I charge $1 per minute. I value my time off work and feel that there is really no excuse for being late.

I close at least a half hour after ALL my daycare parents get off work and we don't live in an area where traffic is ever an issue.
littlemissmuffet 11:21 AM 05-09-2012
$1/minute.

I will allow a grace period of 5 minutes depending on the situation and the family. Parents who abuse this generosity (more than 3 times) are never provided it again. Parents who continually pick up late are terminated.
DBug 12:16 PM 05-09-2012
$1/minute. I don't hold parents to contracted hours, as long as they drop off and pick up within my open hours. But when 5:00 hits, I am closed!
DCP 12:49 PM 05-09-2012
For years I had $1 per minute for late pick ups according to contract. I was always pretty lenient if they called to let me know. However it has been abused by SO many that my new rules are $1 per minute if it is late per their contract but before my 5:30 closing.

As of 5:31 it is $5 per minute!!!! I DO NOT WANT their money...I do NOT want them late period!!!

I of course..charge this accordingly and not every single person on their first time being late gets charged. I understand things happen - traffic can be nasty. So I take some factors into consideration. First a phone call...if I do not receive one and they are more than a few minutes late..bet you they will be charged. If they are late more than once in a small period of time..get charged phone call or not!! Also..I know where all my clients are each day..so I also know where they are coming from and what direction they should be traveling..if they are late coming from a non work direction and one or more of the above apply..then they get the nasty rate applied.
Traffic - I can see the main road and most of my clients come from the same area so I can also judge by this as well.

I have had to use this policy ONCE with a notorious late client...she has actually been early since LOL
Christian Mother 12:56 PM 05-09-2012
I charge $5 after the min. their late based off their contract. Most parents will notify me that they're running late. My parents are all really good about being on time and most are early. But sometimes traffic gets in the way or there is a doctors apt. They all know that if they don't pick up on time I charge $5 regardless. Anything after 5pm which is my closing time gets another $5 charge. I sometimes end up charging but not all the time. It's a rare thing to a occur.
Reply Up