Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Comforting Parents
Christian Mother 07:24 PM 05-09-2012
Most of my parents are switching over to facilities as I will not longer be offering daycare due to moving. Perhaps I will during the school yr but I've decided to take the summer off..

A lot of my parents are worried how their child will do that first or 2nd week of getting alimented into a new daycare and a facility at that. Much diff. then a home daycare.

Said children are coming from a very low ration daycare of only 4 kids per day. This facility will have at least 10 kids maybe even more.

My question is how do you calm the parents anxieties to assure them that their children will adjust well in a new setting. I know that each child has a diff. personality but one in particular is a 2 1/2 and his parents feel that he has a hard time with change as well as adjustments. What would be a good way to tell them not to worry?
godiva83 07:32 PM 05-09-2012
I too am going thru the same thing!
I would just reassure them that they will be okay, it may take time to transition but when they get used to the new routine they will simply love it!

Perhaps give them a tip sheet with tips making transitions easier.
And while the kids are with you speak about how neat their new school will be.

I bought little back packs for my kiddos and we play 'going to School'
I also made a social story for one DCB who has an awful time with transitions and he will be attending a preschool with 23 other children full days!!!
Big change for him
Christian Mother 07:48 PM 05-09-2012
That is a very good ideal!!

I need a tip sheet !!

One of my parents is a teacher and we've both been preparing little guy for preschool...he is full aware of where he will be going and he's excited!! The other little guys are going to diff. places but one will be moving in aug. so I am not sure as to where exactly they will be having him. She owns her own company so she is able to work her schedule to be with him more and she has quiet a bit of help. The other one is 2 1/2 and the only daycare he's been in is mine. They first looked at the facility he is going to but choose mine bc it was a smaller ratio of children. I think the size of the facility overwhelmed him and the parents...I think they just wanted something that was more of a home feeling for them. They are just having a hard time all around excepting my leave but are very supportive. I just want them to feel good about the decision they have made for their son. I am sure they do but also worry about how he'll do...
Reply Up