Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What is this lady trying to pull?
providerandmomof4 12:31 PM 03-05-2014
So I am in closing countdown. I told all of my parents I will no longer be providing daycare after this month. I thought everyone took it well....maybe not.
I have contracted hours based on pickup time. Dcm contracts a lower rate because she agreed to pickup ar 330. Last month we had a problem. She announced that dcd will be picking up at 430. I explained that she would have to pay the 430 rate

She agreed. I was a little irked because we discussed it at length during interview.

Anyway, this month she pays the 3:30 rate again and for 3 weeks and then she will be leaving. Okay, cool beans. Then today, she says she will be picking up at 430. Wth! Are you serious?

Again I say, that is fine, but you'll have to pay the higher rate difference.

She texts that she did pay the higher rate, and extra.

Umm. No you didnt and You know it because you sent me a text saying you paid### amount for three weeks. I sent her that back and havent heard back from her.

I dont get it!!! Why lie?

I know and have proof of your deposit? Now I am pissed! I so wanted to end on good terms, but Ill be damned if Im gonna let people get over on me.
providerandmomof4 12:33 PM 03-05-2014
Oh my... sorry about the typos. On my phone. Hope you understand.
TwinKristi 12:39 PM 03-05-2014
I would write a nice email or letter clearly stating that the fees for a 4:30 pickup time would be $____ and she paid $_____ for a difference of $_____ due today at pickup. I have it in my contract that children with past due balances will be refused care. If she didn't pay it at pickup I would term immediately.
WImom 12:47 PM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
I would write a nice email or letter clearly stating that the fees for a 4:30 pickup time would be $____ and she paid $_____ for a difference of $_____ due today at pickup. I have it in my contract that children with past due balances will be refused care. If she didn't pay it at pickup I would term immediately.

TaylorTots 12:47 PM 03-05-2014
Or, another take on TwinKristi's sentiment -

"Referencing your contract and your childcare rates, you owe $____ for 3 weeks of care for the 430 pickup time you requested. You paid me $_____, which prorates to X days of care at the 430 rate. Unless payment is received for the remaining balance of $____, your last day of care will be on X day.

Please let me know if you need another copy of your contract to review.

Thanks,
DCP"
providerandmomof4 12:57 PM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by TaylorTots:

"Referencing your contract and your childcare rates, you owe $____ for 3 weeks of care for the 430 pickup time you requested. You paid me $_____, which prorates to X days of care at the 430 rate. Unless payment is received for the remaining balance of $____, your last day of care will be on X day.

Thanks,
DCP"
. Because she doesnt owe me yet. She prepaid.
Patches 01:10 PM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by TaylorTots:440064:

Thanks,
DCP"
Yes, I like this
Blackcat31 01:53 PM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by providerandmomof4:
Oh my... sorry about the typos. On my phone. Hope you understand.
fixed 'em for ya
Reply Up