Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>April Fool's Day?
Christina72684 07:35 AM 03-31-2014
Ever do anything for April Fool's Day? Either a trick or something else? I have kids ages 3-7 years old so I could possibly do something, but not sure what.
SilverSabre25 07:50 AM 03-31-2014
I don't. I think April Fool's Day is silly, and am not a fan of "practical jokes"
jenboo 07:59 AM 03-31-2014
I used to love doing practical jokes when I was a kid! Now i dread it every year.
A couple years ago my husband found out he was having a huge schedule change at work on april fools day. When he called to tell me, I wouldn't believe him. He got really upset with me...he is a joker so I thought it was a joke...yeah it wasn't he was not happy with me that i wouldnt believe him.

So since then, april fools day has been forever ruined for me
KIDZRMYBIZ 09:33 AM 03-31-2014
I April Fools Day! It's fun to get super silly!

Last year, we set all the clocks but our alarm clock ahead by an hour, and pretended like we overslept. Hurried our sons through morning rituals(reassuring them it was ok, we won't be late, we just need to hurry), then took them to McDonald's for breakfast. They LOVED it, and it was so fun to go out for breakfast on a school/work day.

I get some fun, small ideas from familyfun.com. The food ones are great for DC.
Naptime yet? 09:37 AM 03-31-2014
I don't do anything, but my SAer told me a joke she's going to play on her dad tomorrow & he's not going to like it, I warned her (but it is a good one, if she can get through it).
KIDZRMYBIZ 11:18 AM 03-31-2014
I haven't come up with anything grand yet, but I have a few small things:

Writing on tp with a sharpie and laying carefully in the toilet bowl. Can draw a funny face or write a funny message. I do this one every year. Hilarious!

Breakfast will be vanilla yogurt with an inverted peach half in the center. Looks like an egg. With toast and milk, of course, to appease the FP!

At dinner, I will make red jello in drinking glasses with straws. Try sucking that up! Ha-ha!

Now, to find more silly pranks...
WImom 12:55 PM 03-31-2014
My kids (11y,9y)always put sugar on their Cheerios. I complain all the time that they leave sugar all over the counter. So....tomorrow I will be changing the sugar container into a salt container. Should be funny when they try their cereal!

I'm not doing anything for daycare though.

One year my kids and I put play food in their dads lunch. He got a kick out of that at lunch time at work as well as his co-workers. Under it was $10 to go out to eat.
Kabob 01:58 PM 03-31-2014
I'm not much for April Fool's day but I pull pranks anyway. Back at my old job my boss came in with a brand new ipad that he had just gotten as a replacement for the one he dropped. He put it on the office counter and told me to keep an eye on it while he ran errands. I called him about 20 minutes later and asked him if he had insurance on his ipad because I accidentally dropped a bunch of coins ($25 worth of quarters) on it since I forgot it was there. He believed me and came back to the office and freaked out until he realized I was joking. And another time he tried to joke with me by telling me that I accidentally voided a $50 check instead of a coupon so he was charging me for the $50. I knew that was ridiculous so I barged in on a meeting with his boss and pretended to be crying (fake tears and all) and said I was late on my rent and couldn't afford to fill my gas tank so I couldn't pay him for the $50 and begged him not to fire me because I had unpaid medical bills. He finally told me it was a joke and I instantly stopped crying and asked why he would say such a thing and walked away...much to his embarrassment.

So no, I don't do April Fool's day...
spud912 02:19 PM 03-31-2014
April Fools day is my dh's favorite "holiday." I'm always scared of what is to come .

Last year I got some fake poop, put it on the floor next to each daycare child, took pictures with each child making a sad face, and then sent it to the parents saying "oh no, so and so had an accident on the floor!!!" One parent said "haha, April fools!" Another parent said "how did that happen??" and the others were apologetic haha!
MissAnn 02:53 PM 03-31-2014
One year I moved all the kids nap mats while they were napping. They woke up confused. Another year I served dog bones for snack.
SilverSabre25 03:16 PM 03-31-2014
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
One year I moved all the kids nap mats while they were napping. They woke up confused. Another year I served dog bones for snack.
Now THAT is hilarious!
SilverSabre25 03:17 PM 03-31-2014
Actually the dog bones for snack gives me a good idea....wonder if I still have that dog bone shaped cookie cutter....
Sunshine74 10:08 PM 03-31-2014
I don't do something every year, but when I find a good one, I'll do it. My favorite was last year I pulled a prank on our director. I took a screenshot of her computer desktop, and changed that to the background. Then I hid all the icons and the bottom toolbar. So basically the mouse moved, but she couldn't open anything. It worked like a charm.
Laurel 02:43 AM 04-01-2014
I'm trying to think of something simple to have my daycare kiddies do. Just something like tell someone their shoe is untied but I can't do it to them as they don't have tie shoes except occasionally. They are 2 and 3. I think they'll catch on that something is silly but not sure what to do.

Laurel
Laurel 03:09 AM 04-01-2014
My husband thought of something for me. He said when the children arrive call them by the other one's name. Or give them something like a stuffed bear and say "Here is your dinosaur." followed by April Fool's!

I thought I'd pass it along. I am going to do it.

Laurel
Mister Sir Husband 05:19 AM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
I don't do something every year, but when I find a good one, I'll do it. My favorite was last year I pulled a prank on our director. I took a screenshot of her computer desktop, and changed that to the background. Then I hid all the icons and the bottom toolbar. So basically the mouse moved, but she couldn't open anything. It worked like a charm.
I REALLY like that one.. might try it on someone. I had a friend once who made chocolate covered cotton balls and brought them into the office to share. Everyone chewed on them but no one complained as they didn't wanna be rude. The boss actually ate his and came back for a second one.

She also taped off the bosses parking spot and area around it with cones and yellow construction tape.. making him park WAY at he back of the lot as he was the last to arrive. Gives me the idea of doing something at the end of my 250ft driveway so the parents would have to park on the road and walk up..
Michelle 05:50 AM 04-01-2014
Well I am sorta mean
My 18 year old was actually born on April 8th but when I was pregnant with her I " went into full labor" on April 1st
I sent everyone running, making phone calls, etc.
I was even yelling " I think I feel her head coming out!"

I was yelling and laughing at the same time which gave me away.
but yea, that was a good one, they did forgive me eventually

Sunshine74 05:26 PM 04-01-2014
So today I put food coloring in the tanks of all the toilets that the kids use (we have 6) so that when they flushed, the water that refilled the toilet was colored. The toddlers reactions were hilarious.
Starburst 10:46 PM 04-01-2014
I got this in my e-mail today
http://www.parents.com/holiday/funny...-fools-pranks/
NeedaVaca 04:04 AM 04-02-2014
Well, we didn't do anything for April Fool's Day until I accidentally started putting the wrong shoe on one of my DCK's lol, I realized my mistake and looked at all the kids-laughed and said April Fools ha ha, good thing I had an excuse lol
Tags:just for fun
Reply Up