Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Frequency of Licensing Visits in California
Unregistered 12:57 PM 07-09-2014
Just curious how frequent your licensing visits have been in California? I specifically live in Sacramento. I had one about a year and a half ago and then another one today. Does anyone know or been having them conducted yearly in California?
TwinKristi 01:32 PM 07-09-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Just curious how frequent your licensing visits have been in California? I specifically live in Sacramento. I had one about a year and a half ago and then another one today. Does anyone know or been having them conducted yearly in California?
They're stepping up the inspections because so many people haven't been getting inspections regularly and while training new officers. I haven't had one since I was licensed but they've been in my town on several occasions. I have 2.5 more years until it's their max of time between visits. My neighbor hasn't been inspected in almost 5 yrs!! i'm so paranoid about it!
sharlan 01:33 PM 07-09-2014
I was told by my analyst that it's random, computer generated. I've had 5 in the past 30 years, 2 in the past 4 years. (Only 1 was unannounced.) I am expecting one this year because of my class A citation from 2 years ago.

My neighbor was licensed 4 years ago and he's only had his initial inspection.
daycare 01:56 PM 07-09-2014
I am in NO cal. I went 4 years without one, but that was because I did not have an analyst. I got one last year and had one and then I just had one this past month almost exactly a year apart.

Just stay on your "A" game. follow the rules and you have nothing to worry about...

I like getting them.
Unregistered 01:59 PM 07-09-2014
because Sacramento county went from county licensing to state licensing, they are now inspecting more frequently and they are trying to get the new analysts out to see all of their new providers. It has been a little under a year since the transition. You're probably good for another two-five years now, unless there is a complaint or you come up in the random 10% draw.
Reply Up