Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Eye Roll
Heart12 10:35 AM 11-18-2016
The simple "Holiday reminder" that I am sending out today turned into a 2 page policy reminder, along with 2 new added policies. All because of 1 family

1. No toys from home. Just no.

2. No smoking before coming to my house! If you show up & you, your child or their belongings smell like cigarettes, they will be sent home for the day.

DCD showed up yesterday 5min. after closing time, unapologetic & wreaking soooooo bad of cigarettes, it made my tiny little house smell awful. Needless to say, I had to re-write the new policy this morning because the one I wrote last night was very brash All of my DCF know that we have someone in our household with a chronic lung disease, so I made sure to also educate them again on that as well. I was so fuming mad last night I was up half of the night stressing about it. I am clawing my way to Thanksgiving break & hoping I am able to recharge!
Denali 11:33 AM 11-18-2016
If someone was so blatantly expose someone after being told of the dangers I'd be mad. Let alone the face that they most likely were late because they were smoking? Nope, I'd term if money allowed. 😞
Heart12 11:42 AM 11-18-2016
Originally Posted by Denali:
If someone was so blatantly expose someone after being told of the dangers I'd be mad. Let alone the face that they most likely were late because they were smoking? Nope, I'd term if money allowed. 😞
It would hurt me financially to lose any family, but no amount of money is worth a family members health being put in danger. Monday is actually the deadline to return paperwork that they have had 30 days to turn in, so if they dont have that they will not be coming back anyway!
LysesKids 12:00 PM 11-18-2016
Originally Posted by Heart12:
The simple "Holiday reminder" that I am sending out today turned into a 2 page policy reminder, along with 2 new added policies. All because of 1 family

1. No toys from home. Just no.

2. No smoking before coming to my house! If you show up & you, your child or their belongings smell like cigarettes, they will be sent home for the day.

DCD showed up yesterday 5min. after closing time, unapologetic & wreaking soooooo bad of cigarettes, it made my tiny little house smell awful. Needless to say, I had to re-write the new policy this morning because the one I wrote last night was very brash All of my DCF know that we have someone in our household with a chronic lung disease, so I made sure to also educate them again on that as well. I was so fuming mad last night I was up half of the night stressing about it. I am clawing my way to Thanksgiving break & hoping I am able to recharge!
I have the NO smoking just before pick up in my policies too... due to one family;

SMOKE-FREE ENVIRONMENT: ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING OR TOBACCO PRODUCTS ARE USED IN MY HOUSE AT ANYTIME. Parents (or other family members & friends) that come to pick up a child will be warned if they are caught smoking on my property, if they toss butts on my lawn or if they light up with a child in the car. Thank you for your cooperation.

NOTE; please do not smoke in your car just prior to picking your child up... I have had parents walk in reeking of smoke & it sets off my asthma and leaves an after smell in my home (just like certain colognes). I understand it's an addiction, but I have other babies in care & my and and their health trumps your habit... after 3 warnings, I will ask parents to find other care if they cannot go without smoking just an hour or two
AmyKidsCo 01:11 PM 11-18-2016
My friend has the new licensor in our area. She said the licensor reeked of smoke so badly that the day she visited in the morning the smell was still so strong at pickup that parents were asking about it.

I wouldn't be able to handle that with my allergies - I'd be coughing the whole time she was here.
Meeko 01:21 PM 11-18-2016
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
My friend has the new licensor in our area. She said the licensor reeked of smoke so badly that the day she visited in the morning the smell was still so strong at pickup that parents were asking about it.

I wouldn't be able to handle that with my allergies - I'd be coughing the whole time she was here.
I would contact licensing over that one and request a new, non-smoking licensor. Nobody should have to put up with that.
DaveA 01:25 PM 11-18-2016
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I would contact licensing over that one and request a new, non-smoking licensor. Nobody should have to put up with that.
I agree with Meeko- if you have allergies/ respiratory problems having a smoker in your house on a regular basis can be a real problem.
AmyKidsCo 01:29 PM 11-18-2016
Originally Posted by DaveA:
I agree with Meeko- if you have allergies/ respiratory problems having a smoker in your house on a regular basis can be a real problem.
She's not my licensor so it's not an issue for me. We (support group) told my friend that she should complain to licensing. Ironic that we can't have any smoking on the premises during business hours but a licensor can bring the smell in...
Reply Up