Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Closet Re-Do Pictures!
SunflowerMama 03:35 PM 12-03-2011
Got some great advice on here about some L shaped closet space under our stairs.

I just finished my re-do and I can't wait for the kids to see it Monday! My own girls (age 4) LOVE it!!

Before...

After...

CheekyChick 04:12 PM 12-03-2011
Very nice and it looks so cozy too!!!
laundrymom 04:50 PM 12-03-2011
Originally Posted by CheekyChick:
Very nice and it looks so cozy too!!!
I love it!!! You did great!!
DaycareMama 04:52 PM 12-03-2011
That looks fantastic! They will love it!
Sunchimes 04:56 PM 12-03-2011
They are going to love it!!!
Crystal 05:06 PM 12-03-2011
BEAUTIFUL! Now I want to do my closet!
Kaddidle Care 05:06 PM 12-03-2011
It's adorable! Like a little play house!
SilverSabre25 05:49 PM 12-03-2011
Oh that's amazing! It gives me inspiration for our storage closety thing!
WImom 07:29 PM 12-03-2011
Looks very cozy. They will probably spend all day in there Monday!
Abigail 07:38 PM 12-03-2011
So nice. Did you just happen to have extra carpet laying around? What is behind the yellow sheet? It looks very inviting. Are you allowed to have a scented liquid jar on the end table? I probably wouldn't, you don't know if someone will knock it over--that does stain carpet--learned from experience. Do you have a light in their, I forgot, but way back by the pillows? If not, you could always put up one of those touch lights that runs on batteries. They come in different shapes and colors and are a dollar at the dollar store or any store. Comes in handy if the power goes it since you can take it off the wall easily. Very nice space, I wish I had it. Also, is that where you store all of your books? I'm wondering if I need to downsize a little on my books. I'm not looking forward to organizing my books.
SunflowerMama 04:50 AM 12-04-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
So nice. Did you just happen to have extra carpet laying around? What is behind the yellow sheet? It looks very inviting. Are you allowed to have a scented liquid jar on the end table? I probably wouldn't, you don't know if someone will knock it over--that does stain carpet--learned from experience. Do you have a light in their, I forgot, but way back by the pillows? If not, you could always put up one of those touch lights that runs on batteries. They come in different shapes and colors and are a dollar at the dollar store or any store. Comes in handy if the power goes it since you can take it off the wall easily. Very nice space, I wish I had it. Also, is that where you store all of your books? I'm wondering if I need to downsize a little on my books. I'm not looking forward to organizing my books.
Ok let me try and touch on everything.

We had someone off craigslist do the carpet bc we didn't have any.
Behind the yellow sheet is all my storage for my daycare toys. It's the additional crawl space under the stairs.
The scented liquid jar is just for this weekend to clear out a bit of the "closet" smell.
I do have 2 of those touch lights for the kids to move around in there...but my girls were just playing with them at the time I took the picture. There is also a regular light in the middle of the room just hard to see.
I don't store all my books in there but some. At all times I have a huge basket of books in my living room, 3 large gutter shelves full in the main playroom and then a lot in my girls' room. They are all over the place .

Hopefully that answered everything. All great questions .
DCMom 03:14 PM 12-04-2011
What a transformation! Good job, I love it It's going to be the most popular place at daycare tomorrow, that's for sure
Tags:remodel, renovate
Reply Up