Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help....Again....
daycarediva 06:20 AM 06-22-2013
I re-interviewed and enrolled a FT client from my waiting list. They are leaving a center to come to me for care.

Family is very nice, read my entire handbook and sent me a lengthy email with questions about it, I answered them all, and then they agreed to sign.

Here is the catch. Mom turned in the paperwork last night and dcb is supposed to start Monday, and under contracted drop off/pick up time on the contract, she wrote in 7-6. Per my contract, it states up to 10 hours of care/day with an additional $5 hour/portion thereof charge.

I emailed her and made her aware of that issue, in the email I gave her the option of changing her contracted hours and dropping off later, 7:30 and picking up earlier, 5:30, and said that I really do not want a 6pm pickup as I have classes in the evening 2-3x a week and will be scaling back my hours in fall anyway. Dcm says "let me know when you close earlier and we will pick up by 5:30. I'll bring a check for the extra $25 on Monday."

How can I POLITELY word that I don't WANT her $25, I want her to pick up her kid at 5:30? I didn't OFFER the additional rate, but it is in my parent handbook. Or am I screwed into taking him until 6 until I cut back in fall? Every time I attempt to write a response it comes out way B&%$&*.

All of my other kids are picked up by 5:15, except for every other Wednesday a dcg stays until 6:00, eats dinner here (and pays that extra $5)
cheerfuldom 06:42 AM 06-22-2013
After further thought, I will have to insist that pickup be at 5:30 each day. Due to my class schedule and the needs of my family, I am not able to accommodate a child needing regular care till 6pm. Please let me know if you are able to adjust your schedule permanently for this pickup or if you need to continue your search for childcare. Thank you
cheerfuldom 06:43 AM 06-22-2013
and if you really dont want to deal with this 6pm issue, change your contract permanently. I dont even allow any late or overtime options anymore. Its not an option here, period.
daycarediva 07:15 AM 06-22-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
and if you really dont want to deal with this 6pm issue, change your contract permanently. I dont even allow any late or overtime options anymore. Its not an option here, period.
I will be doing this, and just keep it added into the contract of that ONE family, but removed from the parent handbook. Dcg that stays every other Wed until 6 is a gem, single Mom who is going to school and working FT and that day is the ONLY day grandma can't be here before 6.

I will be using that sentence word for word. I kept coming up with "What part of I don't want to contract past 5:30 don't you understand?!"
TheGoodLife 09:55 AM 06-22-2013
Take out the "want" "I don't (or can't) contract past 5:30" I hope that will work for your schedule, but if not please let me know if you need to make other arrangements. Thanks so much!"
wdmmom 10:09 AM 06-22-2013
Dear DCF,

As per my contract, I only allot for 10 hours per day, per child. You have indicated that you are needing 11 hours per day. I apologize but I need to stick with the current contract and if you can accommodate a 10 hour day, you will need to look for other arrangements. My closing time each day is 530pm and this is non negotiable.
Reply Up