Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>If You Don't Do The Food Program...
newtodaycare22 09:58 AM 01-07-2011
You should

When I started in August, I only had 2 full time kids and 1 pt, so for a while I was only getting maybe 74 dollars a month. Now, I have 4-6 kids each day and the $172.00 check is great. It's totally worth the "paperwork" (which is really mostly online input).
E Daycare 10:06 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
You should

When I started in August, I only had 2 full time kids and 1 pt, so for a while I was only getting maybe 74 dollars a month. Now, I have 4-6 kids each day and the $172.00 check is great. It's totally worth the "paperwork" (which is really mostly online input).
Can you do this if you arent licensed too? I mean, I keep receipts and have written everything down in my readleaf keeper but I never looked into actually doing the food program. Plus I only have one kid who just started that eats what I prepare and then my 18mo old. My other dck just started jar baby food that her mother gets through WIC.
newtodaycare22 10:28 AM 01-07-2011
It depends on your state and their licensing rules. Some states allow you to be legally unlicensed (mine is not one of them ) and in that situation...I think they are more leniant. Michael or someone else can probably give you a helpful link to see if your state allows it. Trust me, even claiming one kid will save you a nice chunk
boysx5 10:32 AM 01-07-2011
I just went off it I couldn't stand the women who did my area. I also had to take a make up class since I missed on due to my sil funeral and they wouldn't excuse me so I quit I don't miss the paperwork at all and I feel less stressed out
newtodaycare22 10:35 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by boysx5:
I just went off it I couldn't stand the women who did my area. I also had to take a make up class since I missed on due to my sil funeral and they wouldn't excuse me so I quit I don't miss the paperwork at all and I feel less stressed out
Sorry to hear that

In my area, a rep. comes to your house for the initial paperwork. It took about 3 hours to get the papers in order, but after that...they only visit 2 times a year (1 announced, 1 unannounced). No other classes. I'm in MD though.
laundrymom 10:41 AM 01-07-2011
I'm on my third month and it's like adding another child! Income wise. I make as much in the month from fp as I do one full time family. Worth it to me.
SunflowerMama 10:51 AM 01-07-2011
I'm on it too and get about $300/month which is really nice (I'm Tier 2). My only gripe is not getting reimbursed for my own children even though they are eating all the same meals. I've only been visited once since my initial visit so it hasn't been bad at all and my lady is super laid back and in and out in probably 10 minutes. I love having free access to Minute Menu Kids too!
juliebug 10:56 AM 01-07-2011
i am on it and love it! my lady is really new and i know all the rules even better then her sometimes lol she is really nice and we figure out times she can come for visits becasue we go on lots of field trips.

i turn in my taxes every year and get paid for my kids and a higher rate i love it! and i do all my paper work online plus they give lots of free contunied education classes. i can get all 12 of my hours easily thur them for free!
Vicki's kids 11:44 AM 01-07-2011
I get about $700 a month from the food program and I have been on it for 10 years... we have 12 kids.
The only thing I hate are infant menus!!!
Parents of babies love it because they don't have to buy all that formula!
Miss Lindsey 12:28 PM 01-07-2011
Hmmm, anyone know what the guidelines are for an unlicensed Missouri Daycare? I'd love some info, but couldn't find out if I would qualify since I'm not licensed yet.
MG&Lsmom 01:24 PM 01-07-2011
I was supposed to call today about it but DCM took forever to leave at pickup and the CCR was closed when I called. She's on food stamps, and should be on a daycare voucher but won't do the paperwork, so I should get a higher rate correct? Her bringing meals is just not working out and I'm ready to just serve one thing at lunch from now on.
juliebug 01:50 PM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by MG&Lsmom:
I was supposed to call today about it but DCM took forever to leave at pickup and the CCR was closed when I called. She's on food stamps, and should be on a daycare voucher but won't do the paperwork, so I should get a higher rate correct? Her bringing meals is just not working out and I'm ready to just serve one thing at lunch from now on.
i know in my state you would receive a higher rate for her(children) only if you get her to fill out the one page paper and send it in.
newtodaycare22 02:10 PM 01-07-2011
In my state (MD), yes, you would. I am tier 2 (lower reimbursement) but if one family qualifies with a lower income, they have to fill out a paper and you get more money for that kid.
MG&Lsmom 10:30 AM 01-08-2011
Originally Posted by juliebug:
i know in my state you would receive a higher rate for her(children) only if you get her to fill out the one page paper and send it in.
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
In my state (MD), yes, you would. I am tier 2 (lower reimbursement) but if one family qualifies with a lower income, they have to fill out a paper and you get more money for that kid.
Thank you both. Since he's my only steady DCK and everyone else is <4hr dropins (I don't give lunch to dropins) this would work out just fine. Oh gosh, one page to fill out. I wonder if she would. It's just so much work!
misol 05:13 PM 01-09-2011
Originally Posted by Vicki's kids:
I get about $700 a month from the food program and I have been on it for 10 years... we have 12 kids.
The only thing I hate are infant menus!!!
Parents of babies love it because they don't have to buy all that formula!

Ugh! Infant menus are the worst!
juliebug 05:45 PM 01-09-2011
i hate the infant one too ugh you have to do each baby sepratly such a pain in the butt!
juliebug 05:46 PM 01-09-2011
Thank you both. Since he's my only steady DCK and everyone else is <4hr dropins (I don't give lunch to dropins) this would work out just fine. Oh gosh, one page to fill out. I wonder if she would. It's just so much work!
if you can i would fill out most of it for her then have her fill it out right there in front of you and then mail it in! that is what i would do
Tags:food program, maryland, tier 2
Reply Up