Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Opening day
Unregistered 09:49 AM 04-15-2010
I will be sending in my registered daycare application next Monday and I was told it could take up to 90 days for Florida DCF to process my application. My question is does it usually really take that long?
MT Momma 07:35 PM 04-18-2010
In Mt it takes 1 to 2 weeks.
MarinaVanessa 07:07 AM 04-19-2010
In CA it could take that long if the application is sent to the main office in Sacramento and all they do is re-route it to my closest field office so when I did it I sent it to that office instead and it was processed within 2 weeks. I know you'll probably be sending it today but you could call and ask if sending it to the closest office is faster.
TGT09 07:12 AM 04-19-2010
No offense but I used to live in Florida and EVERYTHING takes much longer to process there. We were even told recently by our adoption agency "pray that you don't have a birthmother from Florida". They drag everything out!

On that note, I would not put it past them to take that long! Hopefully, for your sake it will not take that long! That is a long time!
newtoeverything 11:59 AM 04-19-2010
I'm in Florida and they told me that too. Yes, the application process takes that long, HOWEVER - you also will need to wait for the background check and everything else to go through. I sent my paperwork off in November and still have not received my registration yet. They said it could take up to 6 months for EVERYTHING to go through. Be prepared...UGH
Tags:application, dcf, florida
Reply Up