Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Easy Healthy Breakfasts
Abigail 01:47 PM 11-23-2010
I think it's time to create a breakfast menu that is EASY to work with. I made toast this morning and I realize a two-slice toaster isn't doing the job, I should probably buy a four-slice toaster. Please share anything you do for breakfast that is fairly simple or do you make meals the night before and heat them up in the morning? (I don't have access to a stove/oven during daycare hours, ONLY a microwave or small plug-in appliances like a toaster)
kidkair 01:51 PM 11-23-2010
I do cold cereal, fruit, and milk. On another thread someone suggested oatmeal bake in a crockpot. I tested it and liked it but the kids weren't too fond of it. They don't like regular oatmeal either.
Blackcat31 02:01 PM 11-23-2010
I make a huge batch of pancakes at one time, then freeze them and pop them as needed in the toaster. We also do fruit wraps with whole wheat tortillas and fresh fruit and use yogurt also. We also do alot of bagels with pnb and fresh fruit. My kids love the pancakes though because it is hearty and always a fav. You could do french toast and cut them up into strips before freezing and nuke them in the microwave to reheat. Kids love to dunk anything in syrup!!
SilverSabre25 02:28 PM 11-23-2010
Pancakes, like Blackcat said, or waffles can be done the same way. French Toast, too, and muffins.

Smoothies! Yogurt, juice/milk, frozen fruit, and a banana if you want, all tossed in the blender and blended smooth. It's like a milkshake for breakfast! If you buy some protein powder and add that, then it's even healthier and they don't even know it. I've been known to add flax meal, too, to boost te nutrition; my mom used to add wheat germ. A smoothie and toast w/ or w/o peanut butter is a great breakfast.
melskids 02:37 PM 11-23-2010
i actually have 2 4-slice toasters. it just makes it easier..lol

we do the reheated pancake thing too!!!

believe it or not, you can microwave scrambled eggs too. i dont like them like that, but my kids do.

we do bagels, english muffins, cold cereal, and homemade breads (like banana) most of the time.
nannyde 03:23 PM 11-23-2010
I make hot cereal (oatmeal, 7 grain, Quinoa, grits, etc) the night before with fruit and let it soak. I just nuke it in the morning bowl by bowl. I buy my grains from http://www.paulsgrains.com/cereals.htm

I make fruit muffins and fruit scones.

I make pancakes in advance and freeze.

The kids also like rice with milk and fruit so I make that up in advance.

I make home made fruit bread when I get up that is done by the time the kids get here. I love to do that as it makes my house smell great when the parents arrive and is a simple serving.

We don't eat cold cereal or toast. I always make hot breakfast. The kids usually eat breakfast before they come with their parents but they almost always want a second breakfast once everyone is here.
MG&Lsmom 03:36 PM 11-23-2010
Yogurt with granola sprinkled on top. My kids love the greek style yogurt and I've been known to allow a teaspoon of whatever jimmies we have laying around from cupcake decorating to end up on top too.
Unregistered 02:56 PM 11-23-2010
Here is what my kids have

Monday- whole grain waffles (microwave) and banana
Tuesday- wheat Pancakes (Microwave) and strawberries
Wednesday- Cereal like whole grain cherrios, chex, etc grapes
Thursday- Egg and Turkey Sauage applesauce
Friday- Kids choice on Friday they get to pick either the waffles, pancakes, or cereal
Tags:breakfast, healthy, meal, microwave, toaster
Reply Up