Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Toy Bins

Little Diamonds ask for pics of my toys bins. I couldn't put a pic in a message, so I started this thread.

Maybe others could post pics of their toy set ups too?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06795.jpg (105.2 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06793.jpg (134.3 KB, 82 views)
Old 07-06-2011, 01:50 PM

I have these:

and something similar to these:

Last edited by Michael; 07-06-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

More here: http://daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=bins
Old 07-06-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandasFCC View Post
I have these:

and something similar to these:

I really like the 2nd where can I find that please?

Right now I just use a few shelving units and a few of those craft drawers on wheels for manipulatives and such. The odds and end toys go in a big toy box. I would like to get the open bins because the kids stuff the drawers wrong and about break the drawer forcing it in. These would be much easier for them. TIA
Old 07-06-2011, 07:30 PM

I don't have pictures but I like clear tubs rather than solid colored so the kids can see what goes in there without having to be all the way at the tub. I have built in shelves in my dining room (which the daycare kids call the playroom since they have their own table in another room - it's my family's dining room) and almost all of those have been switched to clear storage containers from walmart that have lids. I take the lids off when the tote is on the shelf and then when I'm rotating I just sanitize the toys, put the cover on and put them up in my office for storage that's ready to play with. The other tubs I have that I'm working to switch over are clear dishpans. They are awesome because they hold a lot but they are not all that durable and easily crack. Plus they can't be stacked all that well in storage and even when I can get them balanced to stack the toys get dusty so I end up having to sanitize again before bringing them out for play.

The shelves that are not built in which are in my living room I purchased from another daycare that was closing. They built them on their own and it's just press board low shelving. Nothing fancy but I painted them with deck paint that's made to be scraped by deck chairs and walked on a lot. The tubs I use fit well on those shelves as well but I also use some of the shoebox sized ones with lids, especially on my math/science shelves since a lot of that stuff isn't big or bulky.

Tags
bins