Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Really? the Nose?
blueclouds29 05:37 AM 08-04-2011
Yesterday was not a good day at all! Including a 14 month old that cried ALL day. But anyway, a DCB (17 months) bit DCB(11 months) on the nose. Bleeding like crazy!! Who does that?? LOL I was a nervous wreck, on the inside cause I thought could he have possibly have broken this poor kids nose?? But after the blood stopped it was just the scab that was bleeding bad. Its a bad spot too, not like you can put a ice pack on it. I tried a bag of frozen peas, but that didn't work out so well. Today its light red and scabby.
Hence the 'naught mat' from my last thread
Cat Herder 05:58 AM 08-04-2011
Ugh....bites to the face are the biggest reason for terminations, investigations and complaints.

How did the parents take it?
littlemommy 06:02 AM 08-04-2011
At least it's not your child that's the biter. I'm dealing with this now. I've tried everything, and nothing seems to work. I'm so worried I'm going to lose families because of my wild child!
blueclouds29 06:09 AM 08-04-2011
Parent we really cool about it! I have some great parents! I have 4 kids under 2, so its going to happen unfortunately. The parents were notified and no names where released. Although with only 4 kids sometimes its not hard to find out who did it! LOL.
TBird 06:39 AM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by blueclouds29:
Parent we really cool about it! I have some great parents! I have 4 kids under 2, so its going to happen unfortunately. The parents were notified and no names where released. Although with only 4 kids sometimes its not hard to find out who did it! LOL.
PHEW!!!!
Cat Herder 06:45 AM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by blueclouds29:
I am glad it went well.

I have 6 kids 2yr and under...it takes constant supervision AND intervention doesn't it?
Sugar Magnolia 04:19 PM 08-04-2011
Wow. Bite to the face?!? Yikes. Glad the parents were cool about it. Facial injuries really freak me out. I had a 2yo that would go for the eyes. Horrible child. She was smart enough to pull that junk when my eyes were averted. Once she poked another girl in the eye. As I was trying to comfort the victim, she poked someone else in the eye! Yeah, that girl is no longer with us. Third eye poke was the charm. The sick, wierd thing about it was, she did it with a SMILE, an evil smile, and would laugh. And she'd sit in "the cooler" and giggle and say "I poke eyes". Her parents said "well she doesn't do that at home." Duh. No other kids at home. Future sociopath. Buh-bye!
Tags:bite, biter, bites
Reply Up