Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>Health Insurance
JeepGirl6 07:20 PM 08-10-2011
So I am putting in my notice as the hospital this Friday, my In-Home Child Care is what I want to do. Until we get married next September I am able to get back on my parents health insurance, so I don't have to worry about it until next September.

My boyfriend has talked about staying at his current job until next Spring and then he hopes to get his lawn care business back up and try to get "big" 40+ yards. Well He would have been the one to then carry the insurance for us( at his current position) with my leaving the hospital. Well since we would both be doing our "own" business we won't have health insurance offered to us from a place of employment. We would be able to get individual insurance through somewhere. Do any of you have this situation, where your family is on individual health insurance? I looked into it and when we decide to have children, its an extra $200 a month through some places for maternity coverage. You have to pay that extra $200 a month for the whole 9 month pregnancy which is $1,800 on top of the health care coverage...You have to have the maternity insurance before you get pregnant or the insurance wont cover you...Thats crazy....so while I would be trying to get pregnant I have to have the insurance enough though I am not pregnant yet....

We think if my daycare and his lawn care business hit it off we will be okay financially but thats just so much money to put out for maternity...Geesh...Anyone have prices they are paying for individual health coverage? Maternity? Thanks
Tags:insurance, priorities, unrealistic expectations
Up