Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Venting....

sent a young one home yesterday for vomiting (ended up vomiting twice before mom picked up and one time in the car on the way home). mom texts this morning and basically says kid is still sleeping but seems to be fine, can they come today? first off, they have always struggled with the little one waking super early in the morning. the fact that she slept in shows she is still sick. secondly, how do you know that she is fine if she is not awake yet? have you checked her diaper, her temp, tried to feed her? so then she says that she knows my 24 hour rule, wouldn't want any other sick kid to come if it was another child around her child BUT mom has meetings today so can kid come anyway? WHAT?! I said no and she said she understood and that was it but still, the whole convo was annoying.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:29 AM

I think we all need to post a big sign on our doors.....

I DO NOT take care of SICK Children!!!

Been there done that, PARENTS It's YOUR TURN.

Last edited by SandeeAR; 09-08-2011 at 08:30 AM. Reason: left out a word
Old 09-08-2011, 08:34 AM

the debate always comes up about their definition of sick and mine. it is especially annoying that she said she would have a problem if a kid that was vomiting yesterday then shows up today but since her kid did that, the rules are somehow different? i hate being put in the corner to have to say a firm no or worse, have to get a little harsh or mean in order to make my point.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom View Post
the debate always comes up about their definition of sick and mine. it is especially annoying that she said she would have a problem if a kid that was vomiting yesterday then shows up today but since her kid did that, the rules are somehow different? i hate being put in the corner to have to say a firm no or worse, have to get a little harsh or mean in order to make my point.
The rules ALWAYS apply to everyone else.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom View Post
I feel the SAME way. They know the policies; why do they try to get us to budge every time??

Tags
sick policy, vent, vomiting